A Great Launch Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prowlerguy

Reaction score
Man, was Monday a great day for flying here! After grinding down a 3/16" rod to fit my Quest pad, I had a wonderful day of firsts. My father and two sons went to a local set of ball diamonds and went to work, despite some gusty winds.

1) My Blue Ninja made her maiden voyage on a C11.
2) My Blue Ninja went up on my first D ever.
3) My EchoStar made her maiden voyage as a single stage.
4) My EchoStar made my first successful two stage flight ever.
5) My Gemini DC had the first completely successful recovery deployment (two fully inflated parachutes).

No rockets lost to trees, no damage to any airframes. Just good all around fun.

Lessons learned:
a) Stick with Estes TP for small diameter rockets, as celluose seemed to not do so well in my Wizard (partially compromised streamer, no rocket damage)
b) You can't fit big enough streamers into a Gemini DC to do the job It came straight down at the speed of heat, and stuck like a lawn dart about 3" into moist soil. A few scrathes on the paint are all I paid for that lesson.

Sorry, no launch pictures, but here are some static ones:

Here's the Gemini. The Blue Ninja is stock, so if you seen one, you've seen this one.

Congrats on your Monday launch...always great to hear success stories. Wish my luck was that good....LOL

Merry Christmas...!!!

Sounds like you had fun as well as a number of successfull launches on Monday.

To All
a very Merry Christmas.

Hey, aside from the fun you had, the best news is that you came home with all your ships! Nice looking rockets. They are pretty good variety.

Man, I am glad it seems lots have had a chance to launch during the holidays...to do what you enjoy is indeed the best gift of all...good for you guys!

Thanks for the reports,

Carl

Back