A great experience with Always Ready Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antares JS

Professional Amateur
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently ordered a slotted blue tube from Always Ready Rocketry, but the slot size I needed was .093" wide, which was not listed as an available size. I was reusing some fins from a wrecked rocket, so I was stuck with that size and couldn't change it. When I described the slots I needed, I asked for .093" anyway but said if it wasn't possible, just make them .0625" and I would file them bigger.

A few days later I received a call from them, asking if I was okay waiting an extra week for my tube, because they were going to order a .093" bit to get me what I wanted and make the size available for everyone else as well. I happily told him that I was fine waiting an extra week, and I got my blue tube with .093" slots.

I thought that was some great and helpful customer service, and I'll definitely be going back for more blue tube for my future projects.

ARR has excellent customer service, too bad their name doesn't get spread around here on the forum too much. I order all my Blue Tube from them (of course they might be the only supplier now since BMS stopped carrying it).

ARR has excellent customer service, too bad their name doesn't get spread around here on the forum too much. I order all my Blue Tube from them (of course they might be the only supplier now since BMS stopped carrying it).

Apogee also carries blue tube, but I ordered it directly from ARR since they have the slotting service.

It's also good to hear from a few other guys who have had good experiences with blue tube. It's actually my first time building with it. It attracted me because the original rocket that I am now recycling parts from actually had its tail section shatter on a hard landing where the drogue deployed and the main did not. It sounds like building with blue tube might give a rocket better odds of surviving that scenario.

I have ordered from ARR a couple of times, once with a complicated order and they called to confirm that the odd assortment of parts was what I wanted. Always great customer service.

I launched my custom L3 rocket in 2013, built from Blue Tube and plywood fins & purchased from the original Florida owner of ARR, and it flew successfully. Blue Tube is (almost) zipper-proof. Don't land a Blue Tube rocket in a pond, as I did once, but the fin section was salvageable, and the rebuilt rocket still lives to fly another day.

Attachments

• IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 32
ARR is the manufacturer of Blue Tube. Randall founded it on the strength of Blue Tube and sold it a few years back. Apogee and the others are just reselling. FWIW, Blue Tube 2.0 has better water resistance than the original.

I've bought liners, CTs, and my 15' military surplus silk chute from them, never a complaint.

I order from ARR and specify pickup. When I'm in the area I just call ahead and pick up. Saves shipping cost. Dave always treats me to a bit of "tour" of something he has going on with tooling or kits. Great people. I get casting tube sets for some of my cases from ARR as well.

I have 2 large Bluetube projects in the works. Hope they get to fly this season, but have to finish the motor. 100mm. Yeah, not 98, that would be too standard. (Just shoot me now.) On the other hand, 4" BlueTube is exactly the same OD, so just bolt the coupler to the front of the motor, attach the body. Smooth transition from body tube to motor tube. I would do a build thread, but this is so much like Over-The-Top's screamer.

Back