A Great Day to Launch!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyF

Reaction score
Well,

Rain finally quit in Northern California. It was clear as a bell and winds were light out of the south.. Perfect time to fly..

Loaded up the kids(our retrieval crew ;-) ) and headed out next door to the park. Invited a friend and his son to come along.

Here's some pic's of some of the rockets we flew...

First up was a Estes Gaurdian dressed up in camo mottle. It flew great on a C6-5.

Second bird to go was a Dueces Wild on a pair of B6's..

Nice flight...

Here's our Big Daddy on an E9-4 ...

This rocket was made for this motor...

Nice moderate lift off...

Here's my Estes Stormcaster bashed into a BlackBrant X ..

Picture is a bit blurred due to the low light and the fact that this
baby hauls on a D12....

Went way up...... Breeze caught it on chute... drifted out past
the road... Cracked a fin on landing right on the sidewalk.....
Well, at least it didnt end up on the baseball diamond fence like the Big Daddy.

Here's our Fliskit StingRay leaping off the pad on a C6-5 ...

Kid's loved it..!!

Lost a winglet on boost right after this shot.... She did a loop-da-loop( I'm serious!!) and then a cruise missile downrange... Now, that was cool!!!!! Chute deployed and no further damage.

We flew a few other birds but I didnt get pictures.

Estes BullPup 12D First flight on a B6.

Estes Skywinder that the kids built.

AeroTech Cheetah on a F20 ... Now this one got everyone's
attention!!! :) .. We usually fly the Maxi Honest John on a F21, but this rocket hadnt been out in awhile.

All in all, a nice way to end a Friday..

TonyF

nice pictures, I think the sting ray looks like it should be flying across the sky. if it keeps all of its parts it is a great fling bird I did mine on a c6-5 last flight and it was up there pretty good. it looks like you had a good day for it.:)

Very nice launch report. You had a good variety of rockets to fly for what seems like a fairly smaller field. All in all glad to hear you guys had a great time out. Nice launch pictures!

Originally posted by eugenefl
Very nice launch report. You had a good variety of rockets to fly for what seems like a fairly smaller field. All in all glad to hear you guys had a great time out. Nice launch pictures!

Yup... Great day.. look's like this weekend will be good also.. Hope to see some additional launch pictures from the Gang up in
Auburn area.

Size of field is decieving... We were in the far SW corner between the 2nd Softball field and the soccer field. To the west, it wide open to the freeway about 1/2 mi away. Here's a pic looking to the North.... Those pine trees are about 3/4 mi away... Undeveloped Commercial area... But not for long I hear :-( ..

TonyF

looks like you had a great day!
i'm hoping to hook up with the *auburn crowd* tomorrow...
i'll get pics this time...
:D

*ANY* day you actually get to fly is a great day to launch :)

Unfortunately, I didn't get to launch today, but it looks like you had a ball at your launch! :)

lol, i get hassled by "concerned citizens" when i shoot an E. an F20 where i live would scare the pants off of everyone. lol. it would be cool though.

Latest posts

Back