A~G motor lift off picture thread - a visual thrustcurve maybe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
A~G motor lift off picture thread

Hoping to get one thread that will eventually have a lift of picture of every motor, that way people can get an idea of what they will look like before purchasing that motor... a visual thrustcurve if you will, maybe John C can even use one day if he decides to put pics in the app.

Please include short motor detail - brand, size, propellant type

Also maybe include a brief summary of rocket and flight details.

Aerotech G74W - single use 29mm

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1456845958.224183.jpg

No data, just visual. Sorry for any confusion. I don't have lot of experience with different loads and would like to have one place to just see what they look like and someone's experience with that load.

So many cool pics in build threads of specific motors but that can be time consuming to locate.

Maybe I need to change the title to something better, John Coker? Thoughts? I'd be happy to ask administrator to remove so I can repost with different title.

Last edited:
About the only thing you can tell from a picture are the colors of the flame and smoke. There is no time element, no way to measure altitude or performance.

I think that's what he's going for. A visual database.

Just pics and experience bat-mite. The thought behind the title was if John wanted to use some pics in the app he could get them here, or if someone wanted to see what XX load looks like, can find it here. Like I said earlier, I can't change the title from my phone, poor choice on my part.

Notes can be attached to motors in ThrustCurve.org, so if you have a picture that shows the motor's special effects nicely plase add a note with a link.

Estes Vagabond on a D12-5.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1457489839.076615.jpg

Estes Magician on an E9-6.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1457489907.978212.jpg

Back