A-Fujian

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
Well Mr Flis,

Today is my Daughters B'Day, and she was presented with her own Deuces Wild with which to make a "Barbie" rocket out of...but the one strain of flu that has half of the USA in a snarl, has a grip on her. She was not very festive with a 104 temp:(

She is looking forward to building the rocket with me, but not now...My daughter just turned 5, and all she got for her B'Day is the "A-Fujian" strain of the flu:mad:

We hope to be more festive this weekend, as Mom has the flu as well.

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
she got for her B'Day is the "A-Fujian" strain of the flu:mad:

Tell the young one Happy Birthday, the flu sure puts a damper on an other wise joyous day for sure.

She got her own Duece and when she gets to feeling better, I bet she will be one very happy young lady.

wishing all in your family a speedy recovery.

well, ick

i know that isn't any fun and she must feel doubly awful knowing that she can't really enjoy her birthday :(

and with mom having the flu also, you have your hands full, that's for sure.

Be sure to tell her that the gang at FlisKits wishes her a quick recovery and smiles all around!

jim

Checked on my daughter this AM, and no more fever...she proceded to tell me that we need to do the Deuce this weekend, so I will post HER full report on another thread.

thank you for the kind words...

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
Checked on my daughter this AM, and no more fever...she proceded to tell me that we need to do the Deuce this weekend, so I will post HER full report on another thread.

thank you for the kind words...

Well well...perhaps it was the Deuce that cheered her up and expedited her return to full speed. They say toys bring smiles to the faces of kids - although not a toy, the Deuce may very well be a positive source of motivation to get better.

We're all looking forward to your feedback! Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you daughter is feeling well.

As for the wife, they say diamonds are a girl's best friend - although almost nearly as precious as a diamond, a FlisKits Gift Certificate may very well........ah, nevermind. LOL! :D

"Diamonds!! ssshhhuuush <finger to lips> not so loud, she might hear us...I got her a Tres, so I can build her an ELVIS rocket."

It will have Elvis's call letters T.C.B. and a big lightning bolt on it...(Taking Care of Business)

I believe her fever was gone as well...

very nice :)

and what's wonderful is finding an activity that you both enjoy and persuing it together.

it's *so* "Christmas" :)

Hey Johnnierkt
Maybe You found the key to any illness - Build lot's of rockets - but I can't say my wife would be happy with the thought of me spending hours building rockets - Do you think she would be happy if I built her a rocket for her Christmas present - Hmmm - on second thought - I better not try it - Hope your daughter feels well

Perhaps you should build a Mosquito or Wizard, paint it gag-green, call it A-Fujian, and sacrifice it to the rocket gods at your next launch. :D

Heck, building rockets has always made me feel good...

here is a pick of an Estes look-a-like rocket I have tried twice to sacrifice to the Rocket Gods. I say look-a-like because the acutal skin sticker on mine was of a metallic Green color.

I tried paying my respects to the Rocket Gods with a D12 in this little rocket...after about 50 loops in the sky, (very unstable) she came back...

This ones a keeper, an ugly one, but a keeper.

Before donating your ionizer, you should remove the nose cone and save it! It could come in very handy.

I suggest getting one of those paper cone cups you see at the water cooler at work (well, I do anyway) and gluing it to the top of the body tube instead of the nose cone. Duct tape about 8 or nine pennies to the inside of it for weight. Glue it on tight and centered!!

Before gluing the paper cup on, remove the recovery system and replace with firecrackers or cherry bombs or something.

Donate away!

Back