A formal TRF Thank You

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
To All,

I have greatly enjoyed TRF and watching it grow. I also appreciate the cooperation that the TRF and EMRR have shared in a number of areas. I consider us complimentary sites.

But, the purpose of this is to thank the TRF members for their continual mention of EMRR. I am really pleasantly surprised at the number of times EMRR is referenced here on TRF (in great contrast to other public forums). But it just continues to show that TRF members are intent on being positive and enthusiastic about rocketry.

So, what's the big deal? Well, it keeps me motivated. January will be the completion of our 6th year online... and I'm still motivated. Some of the motivation is due to TRF.

Also, there are a number of folks who help me with dB management and review formatting. Without their support, EMRR really would not exist any longer.

So, before I get to sappy... Thanks TRF members that also enjoy EMRR!

Nick

Nick,
Thanks to you for providing an awesome site!! When I'm thinking of a new kit, or getting ready to build one, EMRR is the first place I go. A rocketeers bookmarks are not complete without EMRR. It's a wealth of information. I could go on and on, but you get the picture. The thanks go to You!!

Let me 2nd what Dave posted, Nick. EMRR is an intrigal part of rocketry, in my book. Tnx for all your time and hard work that has made EMRR what it is. Most appreciated.

I agree Nick. The online model Model Rocket 'scene' would just not be the same without your website's encylcopedic heap of info!!

Thanks!!

yep..When choosing a new rocket EMRR just has to be your first port of call.The wealth of information is just priceless,especially here in the U.K. were the main method of purchase is mail order,so you need as much detail about your potential purchase as possible..great site:)

Ditto.

Ditto.

and, same here!

:) :)

Nick, EMRR *is* an asset to all of Sport Rockety. So is TRF and I doubt there are any other sites that are as *productively* active as these two. That EMRR and TRF complement each other is inevitable and proves (in my mind) that the "whole is greater than the sum of the parts"

I mean, seriously, take Carl Tulanko... :D

All by himself, he'd be "that dangerous rocket nut around the corner, watch out for him"....

In here, he's that construction/finnishing icon that we all love to tease LOL

sorry, couldn't resist LOL

and FlisKits is indebted to both for their continued support. many MANY times I hear from a customer that they found us through a review on EMRR. The thanks are many, Nick.
jim

and FlisKits is indebted to both for their continued support. many MANY times I hear from a customer that they found us through a review on EMRR. The thanks are many, Nick.
jim

Thanks.

BTW, I had the pleasure of visiting the Commonwealth Displays store in Michigan. Oh, man, and rocketeers paradise! And proudly displayed allow an upper section of the wall were a whole line of FlisKits!

Just thought you'd like to know.

Nick

Nick, You have a great site, and do Rocketry a favour by posting it. A while back you suggested I turn in a review for the following.
https://members.cox.net/rocket376/motoret/pvcret.htm I went to the site, but could not see how to submit this as a whole. Your help would be appreciated.
I can be reached via
Mike Dickinson
shortckt4-at-cox.net
remove the obvious to reply directly.

Once again thanks to you for your site!

Nick,

EMRR has been a great asset to us all i'm sure, I don't build a kit anymore without first checking your site for reviews, between EMRR and TRF a newbie to the hobby or the experienced builder has all the references they need...

Thanks to both.....sites

I agree with all thats been said so far. Both sites go well together. I found both through Fliskits. I like to check out the kit reviews if I'm considering a rocket, and seeing how others view some of the kits I already have.
Thanks to all who work keeping both sites going.....Larry

EMRR is just awesome. the reports there have saved us from several mistakes, small and big. I contribute whenever I can and I am always glad to see my contributions posted.

the only thing I would ask for would be: could you either make the whole site available on CD more frequently, or post a ZIP file of the entire site.

given all the frequent updates and changes I guess the ZIP file would probably be more practical...

Since there is so much incredibly valuable information on EMRR, is there any way that it would fit onto a CD (or maybe, a set of 20 CD's) so it could be viewed off-line?

Have you ever considered offering something like that for sale, maybe updated once per year? (Or is this a stupid idea?)

Originally posted by powderburner
Since there is so much incredibly valuable information on EMRR, is there any way that it would fit onto a CD (or maybe, a set of 20 CD's) so it could be viewed off-line?

Have you ever considered offering something like that for sale, maybe updated once per year? (Or is this a stupid idea?)

Yep, I do have "EMRR on CD". I have issued it out two times so far. I am now working on our third version for shipment sometime in December. Watch the site for more information.

You can see about it by clicking on EMRR on CD in the left menu or clicking attractions.

Nick

1, we are still under 500Meg.

The actual site is smaller because much of it is built dynamically using scripts. That is one reason why making EMRR on CD is so time consuming. I'm trying to make version 3 in such a way that updates will be easier. I'm writing scripts that pre-process the info, yada, yada, yada. Also, I need to stop changing the sites format (although I think each change has been an improvement).

Nick

Back