A few questions about NARAM 61

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddymooose

Hoopy Frood
Reaction score
So NARAM 61 is in Muncie, only 3 hours from me. I've been accumulating rockets and motors faster than I've been able to attend club launches, and now that I have a few days free I'm perfectly positioned to take advantage of the NARAM sport launch times. But I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to on the NARAM site...

1) What are the registration/launch fees? I'm a NAR L2 and have some G, H, I, and J motors and rockets ready to go.

2) What does the launch site situation look like? Is it like a local club launch where everyone lines their car/canopy up along the flight line, or is it a bit more crowded?

3) Is there food on-site? Should I bring lunch?

Thanks in advance. I haven't been to a national launch yet so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Good evening,

Early registration closed about a week ago, but you can register on-site/at the field beginning Saturday morning. I can't recall the cost for on-site registration.

It will likely be a little more crowded than your local club launch. There will be a designated parking area where you can set up. Registration, RSO check in, and vendors are usually set up closer to the flight line. (I haven't seen the field layout yet, so this could change...).

They were trying to get a food truck or two, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. (https://www.nar.org/site/naram-61-rocketry-festival/general-flying-info/)

If you have additional questions, feel free to email me at [email protected], and I can put you in touch with the national events chair.

Thanks,
Carol

Registration for the weekend is less than $30 - I registered online and don’t remember the exact amount. Registration opens Friday afternoon at the host hotel (I think) and at 8:30AM on site. The Aeromodeling Center is a really big place - the contest and sport ranges are separate with LPR and HPR pads on both ranges. The diagram of the ranges shows an area for flyers to set up canopies. The altitude waiver is 6k feet but that’s depending on weather conditions. The host clubs are Rocketeers of Central Indiana and Wright Stuff Rocketeers from Dayton Ohio. There are supposed to be food trucks on site but I don’t know what kind. There will be multiple vendors on site for motors and support - eRockets, Impulse Buys, Aerotech, Apogee - to name a few. The host hotel is full - I’m tent camping which is $5 a night with access to the Center’s locker room. No fires of any kind, just grills/camp stoves.

The bbq Saturday night at the Aeromodeling Center is $15. The manufactures forum at the host hotel follows the bbq. Night launch is Sunday. Ranges are open otherwise 8:30AM to 4:30PM. I don’t know anything about the contest flying.

Back