A Few Nebraska Heat Launch Photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We figured out the cause of the rain -- Bob Brown leaving the prep area. So, Sunday we banned him from crossing the caution tape, and whaddya know? No rain!

Would've been nice to know about the skydiver conflict before 9:00 AM on Saturday, too. <sigh> I wish the FAA had called to let me know.

-Kevin

Speaking of photos from Saturday. Does somebody have photos of my 7.5" Fat Boy? Because of the rain I didn't want to take my camera out to the flight line. ;)
I had more fun at that launch than I have had for a long time.:D Of course that might be the result three flights-three recoveries-no damage.:shock:

From Sunday My scratch built Endeavour on an I245G-M, Andrew Wimmer (xenon) L3 Cert flight and Rich Bakers Stock size Big Daddy on a G77R.

BillsEndeavourFS.jpg

Andrews L3 FlightFS.jpg

RichsBigDaddy29.jpg

Darn! I remember lifting my camera to my eye for a picture but then decided I wanted to watch a launch without the camera. I checked just to make sure I didn't have a pic of it.

We figured out the cause of the rain -- Bob Brown leaving the prep area. So, Sunday we banned him from crossing the caution tape, and whaddya know? No rain!

Would've been nice to know about the skydiver conflict before 9:00 AM on Saturday, too. <sigh> I wish the FAA had called to let me know.

-Kevin

What? No L3 pictures??? ;):D:jaw:

Sorry, Bill, no pictures. I took a few pictures Friday, and dropped the small camera back in my pocket Saturday morning, before coming down. During the day, I discovered the battery was dead, and the charger was at home...

Since I didn't go home Saturday night, the camera battery didn't get recharged until Sunday night.

-Kevin

Back