Quantcast

A few Buran RC RG flights today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Had nice weather and some E-12's to burn through, so put the Buran through it's paces. 39" long, 15 ounces ready to fly. I've tried it on the E-6's which give a nice long burn but it's just a little heavy and it looks too sluggish, the E-12 is faster and the black smoke is nice...

The darn gnome snuck into a few of the videos....:)

[video=youtube;wYVULN4lj1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVULN4lj1o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

neil_w

"Between builds"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Video on the second flight is especially great.

Something I've been wondering: why do you land them on the pavement rather than the grass? I'd think the grass would cause less wear and tear to the underside.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Oh Frank... you (expletive deleted)!!!

WANT

Now I have to talk to you about what else i would need to make this fly for ME!

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Man! I have one at home still in plastic wrapper and now what!, at least three more I want to get! How can I justify...

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. BTW, I'm not landing on pavement, it is a conveyer belt matting runway. In addition I have nylon skids on the bottom which protect the bottom and the rail buttons. Also it looks nice when I grease a landing on the centerline:) Also, I have no plans to do a kit of this, too many pieces and large skin pieces to cut by hand so don't worry:)

Frank

Video on the second flight is especially great.

Something I've been wondering: why do you land them on the pavement rather than the grass? I'd think the grass would cause less wear and tear to the underside.

Last edited:

rharshberger

Reaction score
Thanks. BTW, I'm not landing on pavement, it is a conveyer belt matting runway. In addition I have nylon skids on the bottom which protect the bottom and the rail buttons. Also it looks nice when I grease a landing on the centerline:) Also, I have no plans to do a kit of this, too many pieces and large skin pieces to cut by hand so don't worry:)

Frank
Maybe offer a set of plans instead of a kit?

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Plans are already on my site under the plans page for free download along with a bunch of others.....you have to pay me to ask questions though:) just kidding.....Things like the nose block and cockpit/windows are left up to the user to hand carve or build up as desired, I did mine by hand so did not trace anything....but everything else is there and pretty straight forward. I left out any of the nozzle/oms detail on the back end to save weight and make it simple.

Maybe offer a set of plans instead of a kit?

Last edited: