Quantcast

A Dream

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
The other night I had one of those dreams that was very realistic in such a way it could of actually have happened. I dreamed that I was at a CMASS launch. It was a later in the evening launch, on a smaller field. Bill Spadafora was manning the launch controller and he launched a rocket. It turned out to be a monocopter. The motor had a pretty blue flame and had a very long burn. The monocopter ended up chasing Bill and then looped around and flew towards me. I dived to the ground and then the monocopter stuck into the ground like a ninja star. Just missing me. Bill then said "What was that!" We took a look at it and I said it looks like a home made rocket motor. Bill thought it looked like some sort of Jet-ex motor. That's as much as I remember. Thinking about it, I really miss going to CMASS launches, and I also miss our good friend and rocketeer Bill Spadafora. I am sure he is missed at the CMASS launches. I thought I'd share this story with you all.

Larry Curcio

Reaction score
The other night I had one of those dreams that was very realistic in such a way it could of actually have happened. I dreamed that I was at a CMASS launch. It was a later in the evening launch, on a smaller field. Bill Spadafora was manning the launch controller and he launched a rocket. It turned out to be a monocopter. The motor had a pretty blue flame and had a very long burn. The monocopter ended up chasing Bill and then looped around and flew towards me. I dived to the ground and then the monocopter stuck into the ground like a ninja star. Just missing me. Bill then said "What was that!" We took a look at it and I said it looks like a home made rocket motor. Bill thought it looked like some sort of Jet-ex motor. That's as much as I remember. Thinking about it, I really miss going to CMASS launches, and I also miss our good friend and rocketeer Bill Spadafora. I am sure he is missed at the CMASS launches. I thought I'd share this story with you all.
Always looked forward to seeing Bill at NARAM. Nice guy, and... sane.
I miss him.

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
CMASS launches are still great, but not quite the same without Bill. I'm grateful for the short time I knew him. Bill was an awesome guy always willing to help anybody with anything.