A couple of useful features from another forum

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Macrumors forums are also based on Xenforo, and they have a couple of nice features that I'd love to see here if doable. Here's a screenshot:
1619788258324.png
1) they have the sticky thread and normal threads called out and separated from each other with headers. This is in addition to the push-pins that indicate sticky threads. I find the visual separation for the sticky threads to be very appealing when viewing the forum listings.

2) They have a "Mark Read" button available for each thread with unread posts. This is nice and quicker than clicking on a thread to mark it read.

3) What I really want, which they don't have either, is the ability to have Ignore/Unignore/Watch/Unwatch controls available from the thread listings, rather than needing to go into the thread. Of these "Unwatch" would be the most useful. Typically, to unwatch an active thread, I need to click on the thread name, which will take me to the last post, which is often far down on the page. Then I need to scroll up to the top of the page, click the "Unwatch" button, and then go back to the thread listings. I'd really like to be able to just click on the little eyeball on the thread listing to unwatch. I don't know if this feature is available in the software, though.

Sparky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I'll show the head tech and Admin. It may be a feature of the version XF they are using and what add-ons probably cause that. Seems to me that the extra's that make XF more special is in the add ons.