A couple of Fliskits builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecondRow

Reaction score
My favorite kit maker had a sale over the holidays and I went all in. I’ve been wanting to try clusters and multistage rockets, so I picked up a Deuce’s Wild and a Frick-n-Frack.

The Deuce is a canted dual cluster rocket. It’s one of Fliskits’ most popular rocket. For some reason, I had a can of Testors fluorescent green in my garage, so on it went.it needed the black to balance it out. It was pretty obscene with just the green coat.4C29D570-8D9A-4C1D-B831-79E0EDB857AA.jpegC18BD7FB-53BD-4C86-9407-3103317EF37B.jpegA7A6D209-150A-4E67-B00B-3FC618B358BC.jpegD4B45773-B877-4695-950A-23C69EE886D9.jpeg

Frick n Frack is a two stage saucer that splits apart when the second stage lights. The red one is Frick, the blue one is Frack — I think. Could be the other way around. They look so much alike, I can’t tell the difference. 0C42F9AE-35FA-4AF3-88C3-DDF17248F6E2.jpegCA72AA0A-966F-4E35-BB1E-25CB29C2F814.jpeg85BCB3EC-B90A-47FF-A408-44C279BB9CA0.jpeg

I’ve also got a upscale Tres, which has a 3x24mm canted motor mount (like the Deuce). That’s still in primer, though. and in the build pile are the Tesla and Nell.

Very cool! Is the onboard camera mounted on the bottom of the airframe to capture the two flame exhausts? That’s a nice touch. I’ll check out your channel.

Maiden flight on Rx M1100's
Onboard
Lots of flights of the 54 mm upscale, including onboard, search my channel (TomB0667) for Deuce.

Giant Deuce on two sparkies = just about the best rocket launch there is. But my standard-issue 18mm version is fun too.

I have 18mm and 24mm Deuce motor mount kits lying around waiting for me to figure out what to do with them.

To @SecondRow : Very nice builds! I have a can of Testor's Fluorescent green hanging around as well. I assume you applied it over white primer?

To @SecondRow : Very nice builds! I have a can of Testor's Fluorescent green hanging around as well. I assume you applied it over white primer?

I didn’t, because I didn’t think to read the instructions on the can. I used my usual Duplicolor gray filler/primer that hcmbanjo recommends. I didn’t pick the color until after it was primed. These builds were more of a “get them done so I can fly some clusters and multi-stage — gee what cans do I have in my supply? That looks good” kind of finish. It was only after the entire rocket was covered in green that I thought “maybe that’s a little much.”

I have 18mm and 24mm Deuce motor mount kits lying around waiting for me to figure out what to do with them.
I had a couple 24 mm versions, BT-70 and the motor tubes were perfect for Estes E9-6 or E12-6. Died by cato of Ellis E12's:( Have more. They even flew well on Quest D5's.
Ellis E12a.JPG

Flew my Deuce on B6-4s. A fellow club member let me borrow his clip whip. Both motors lit and the rocket flew straight with a nice boost. I’ll have to try C6-5s next. The smoke trail wasn’t very visible on the Estes B motors. I think I’d like to try it on Q-jets, with the black smoky trail. That would probably look pretty cool.

I also launched the Frick N Frack on a B6 to a B6, and then a B6 to a C6. The first stage doesn’t go very high on the B6. It barely cleared the rod before the second stage lit. Has anyone else seen the same thing when they flew theirs? I guess I’ll need a C6 booster. In any even, the second stage has a really pretty spin to it, going up and coming down.

Back