A couple new jobs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeRoc29

Reaction score
Full disclosure: these are phenolic clones. There seems to be a resurgence of the classic big diameter LOC rockets, so I went with the most nostalgic paint schemes I could think of. My Esoteric is in the works. Already have the transition ;)😉

image_zps9g275lbm.jpeg

Holy cow, Derek! Those are sweet!:D

Love the finish and the schemes...stunning creations! Looking forward to flight reports!!!! WOW!

That's it, Eric! The March 93 HPR was one of my first issues. To a 12 year old boy who only knew about Esters, Mr. Reddick's Bruiser was the stuff dreams are made of. I'm loving old rockets right now, maybe because my kids are getting to "that age" and are taking an interest.

Eric, I'm enjoying your Esoteric thread. What paint scheme are you thinking? Haven't decided on mine yet. I don't actually like the stripes on the one in the LOC catalogue.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

You guys are killing me. I've been in the hobby since about 1999/2000 and seen many a Bruiser fly, but I've never owned one. Bruiser's were always popular at my local field, flying on K1000 Skidmarks, K660 Classics, and the occasional J800, K1100, K550 or K700.

It's tempting, but I think I have too many rockets capable of flying on the same sized motors. Anyone want to swap me a Bruiser kit for a Hawk Mountain Bad Attitude? :)

Looking Good !

I flew a KVIII back in the day..remember 'fixing' the foam nose cone a few times (glue foam chunks back together with ALOT of filler to refly after a hard landing)

Kenny

Last edited:
Rats! Donated my Bruiser to a science teacher out in the desert. Wish I had it back-time to clone? Yup!
Really nice work Derek-were those the tubes we talked about? Hmmm. maybe see you next weekend!

Rats! Donated my Bruiser to a science teacher out in the desert. Wish I had it back-time to clone? Yup!
Really nice work Derek-were those the tubes we talked about? Hmmm. maybe see you next weekend!

Yup I built it after all. Long story actually. Hope we get the chance to have that beer!

Back