• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold A Cornucopia of Nomex Parachute and Shock Cord Protectors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zbench

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a good amount of nomex parachute protectors. They are stitched by my wife on her professional serger, 3 thread edge using nomex thread. They also have a button hole to pass the shock cord through. These are orange and made of 7 ounce nomex fabric. I tried to burn a piece with a lighter and it melts before it catches on fire. Seems like they will be indestructible. The corners are fixed with fabric adhesive that will keep the serged hem from unravelling. Thread color varies. These are US (Ohio) made and the highest quality we could think of. See the table below for sizing and price information:

Nomex Parachute Protector SizeFor Use with Body Tube DiameterPrice
6" x 6"​
1"-2"​
$5.00​
9" x 9"​
2"-3"​
$6.75​
12" x 12"​
3"-4"​
$7.75​
18" x 18"​
4"-6"​
$9.95​
24" x 24"​
6"-8"​
$13.95​
One of each size, 5 total, 10% off​
1"-8"​
$39.00​

We also have shock cord protectors in two types and three lengths. They are all about 1" wide and should easily accommodate shock cords that are up to 3/4" wide. I've always been troubled by how the protector slides down the shock cord leaving the most important area unprotected, that is the part right by the eye hook which is where it takes the most heat (for head end and dual deployment situations). To remedy this, we have stitched a paracord to one end and installed a button hole to pass it through and draw it up tight. In this mode, not a bit of hot ejection gas will touch your shock cord. In 7 ounce orange nomex with triple thread serged seam and fixed corners. Thread color varies.

$5.00 12" shock cord protector
$10.00 12" shock cord protector with fixing cord
$8.00 24" shock cord protector
$13.00 24" shock cord protector with fixing cord
$15.00 58" shock cord protector
$20.00 58" shock cord protector with fixing cord

Finally, I have some limited stock of 9 oz black fabric parachute protectors. These were not stitched by my wife, but we did seal the corners so they won't unravel. I am not sure if the edges are 2 or 3 thread, but offering them at the following discounted prices only in the sizes shown. First come first served:

$4.00 9" x 9" black nomex parachute protector
$7.00 18" x 18" black nomex parachute protector
$10.00 24" x 24" black nomex parachute protector

PM to place an order. Ships USPS priority mail for $8.00, any size order. Shipping free for orders over $50 anywhere in the US, Territories or Possessions. Payment by paypal, venmo, check or money order. Thanks for looking. If this takes off we are thinking about becoming a vendor sponsor here. My wife loves to sew and I love rockets.

Happy Holidays!

Orange.jpg
shock.jpg
corded.jpg
black.jpg

Received a bunch of these nomex chute protectors from Zbench today. Great deal and they showed up in a couple days. It will be nice to have these in my recovery box this coming flying season. Thanks again for offering these to the community.
dan.

Got mine! Quick and easy transaction and the nomex looks like it'll do the job nicely. I'm a happy camper.

I received my shock cord protectors today and they are very well made, I am impressed. Thank you Zbench!

Just an update on this product...Used mine in my 3" Prometheus and were very effective.

I have a good amount of nomex parachute protectors. They are stitched by my wife on her professional serger, 3 thread edge using nomex thread. They also have a button hole to pass the shock cord through. These are orange and made of 7 ounce nomex fabric. I tried to burn a piece with a lighter and it melts before it catches on fire. Seems like they will be indestructible. The corners are fixed with fabric adhesive that will keep the serged hem from unravelling. Thread color varies. These are US (Ohio) made and the highest quality we could think of. See the table below for sizing and price information:

6" x 6"​
1"-2"​
$5.00​
9" x 9"​
2"-3"​
$6.75​
12" x 12"​
3"-4"​
$7.75​
18" x 18"​
4"-6"​
$9.95​
24" x 24"​
6"-8"​
$13.95​
1"-8"​
$39.00​

We also have shock cord protectors in two types and three lengths. They are all about 1" wide and should easily accommodate shock cords that are up to 3/4" wide. I've always been troubled by how the protector slides down the shock cord leaving the most important area unprotected, that is the part right by the eye hook which is where it takes the most heat (for head end and dual deployment situations). To remedy this, we have stitched a paracord to one end and installed a button hole to pass it through and draw it up tight. In this mode, not a bit of hot ejection gas will touch your shock cord. In 7 ounce orange nomex with triple thread serged seam and fixed corners. Thread color varies.

Finally, I have some limited stock of 9 oz black fabric parachute protectors. These were not stitched by my wife, but we did seal the corners so they won't unravel. I am not sure if the edges are 2 or 3 thread, but offering them at the following discounted prices only in the sizes shown. First come first served:

PM to place an order. Ships USPS priority mail for $8.00, any size order. Shipping free for orders over $50 anywhere in the US, Territories or Possessions. Payment by paypal, venmo, check or money order. Thanks for looking. If this takes off we are thinking about becoming a vendor sponsor here. My wife loves to sew and I love rockets.

Happy Holidays!

View attachment 491691
View attachment 491692
View attachment 491693
View attachment 491694

These are great quality at a great price, and they're now a part of almost every one of my flights where they'll fit (even the smallest size is a bit much for my lowly packing skills with a body much less than 2", but that's not Pete / @Zbench 's fault! A skilled rigger and packer could do far better than I).

Moreover, Pete is a great person to deal with. 👍

6" x 6"​
1"-2"​
$5.00​
9" x 9"​
2"-3"​
$6.75​
12" x 12"​
3"-4"​
$7.75​
18" x 18"​
4"-6"​
$9.95​
24" x 24"​
6"-8"​
$13.95​
1"-8"​
$39.00​

Happy Holidays!

View attachment 491691
View attachment 491692
View attachment 491693
View attachment 491694

6" x 6"​
1"-2"​
$5.00​
9" x 9"​
2"-3"​
$6.75​
12" x 12"​
3"-4"​
$7.75​
18" x 18"​
4"-6"​
$9.95​
24" x 24"​
6"-8"​
$13.95​
1"-8"​
$39.00​

Happy Holidays!

View attachment 491691
View attachment 491692
View attachment 491693
View attachment 491694
Howdy! I’m new to RF, so I’m unable to PM yet. I’m interested in some of the black if you have any left?

Opened my package of nomex today. Top quality stuff. As good as anything that i have purchased before, and better than most. Shipping was free and I received a bonus gift! What's not to like?

I meant to post a new listing since this is Black Friday but been busy. We have everything shown but getting thin on the seconds. If we run out we will make more. Same deal as last year, orders over $50 ship free to US locations. Send a PM with your list.

I'm very pleased with both orders I've placed. I'll get more when the time comes.

Back