A Canadian Plumbing/Rocketry Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
IINM Canada is a metric country (though I believe that Imperial measurements are also used).

Here in China, there is a thin wall PVC sewer pipe that is metric, and its ID is over 4". Does the same hold true for Canada. I'm hoping that I might be able to source some in Canada to send to eRockets to protect my Binder Design Raptor in its journey here (it would save me sending some from here, and likely be cheaper).

Thanks!

Hi Jim,

A lot of our stuff is either from the US, or bound for the US.. (That whole "Free trade" thing..) So, despite being "metric" we are versed in Imperial quite well. Our pipes are your pipes.. 1", 1-1/2" etc..

Now, 4" pipe is really 4.5" OD. SCH 40 4" pipe has a wall of .237. SO, a 4" sch 40 pipe is 4.5" OD, and 4.026" ID

Hi Jim,

A lot of our stuff is either from the US, or bound for the US.. (That whole "Free trade" thing..) So, despite being "metric" we are versed in Imperial quite well. Our pipes are your pipes.. 1", 1-1/2" etc..

Now, 4" pipe is really 4.5" OD. SCH 40 4" pipe has a wall of .237. SO, a 4" sch 40 pipe is 4.5" OD, and 4.026" ID

Thanks for the info... I suspected that it wouldn't work for me. I need the stuff to shield my 4" tubes from the hazards of China Post. Looks like I'll be mailing some pipe to the US.

Thanks for the info... I suspected that it wouldn't work for me. I need the stuff to shield my 4" tubes from the hazards of China Post. Looks like I'll be mailing some pipe to the US.

That just seems ridiculous. There are all sizes of shipping tubes, round, square, and triangular, available for use to ship stuff. The big problem seems to be buying just one. But someone who as purchased a carton of 25 of these: https://www.cheapassshippingsupplies.com/Search.aspx?c=65
May be able to help.

That just seems ridiculous. There are all sizes of shipping tubes, round, square, and triangular, available for use to ship stuff. The big problem seems to be buying just one. But someone who as purchased a carton of 25 of these: https://www.cheapassshippingsupplies.com/Search.aspx?c=65
May be able to help.
Problem I can see is that the 4" tubes are 4" on the inner diameter... I need a larger diameter tube to fit my 4" outer diameter body tubes. I don't trust the triangular tubes, as I've already received a taco... er rocket from the US that was sent in one. My PVC pipes are a custom length, and bundled to allow them to fit inside a "standard" size box.

Back