A Boost Glider Possibility

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we were over at Mark's on Sunday, that's one of the other planes I was telling you about that I eventually wanted to get and convert. Remember.... When I was talking to Mark I couldn't remember whether it was the Mirage 2000-5 or the Mirage 5000-2.......

Anyway.... yes, I will be happy to help you convert it. Should be a relatively easy conversion. Probably easier than the F22.

Very cool. My wife will kill me but next payday.... I'm dying to make one of these. Course, you do know that you or Kent will have to fly it for awhile cause I don't know how... :)

BTW, they have it in King for $99. I think I will search the internet to find it cheaper.... :)

BTW: I found it for $62 on the web... :)

And I found this excellent article about your bird: https://www.ezonemag.com/articles/2001/nov/f22/f22.shtml.

And for those of you who aren't paying attention (jk) Ken has tempted me for the last time. Ken's hobby involves taking electric, rear prop RC planes, gutting them, and putting an F engine in it's butt. (He would put a G but his son has threatened him... but that's another story.) Anyway, Ken has got me into the mood, more desire really, to make one of these... :)

Here is one of my favorite pics of Ken and his evil hobby: https://www.cybergatetech.com/phpgraphy/?display=Rocketry/launch 10-27-01/img_0936.jpg

"Ken and his evil hobby....." Well.... all I can say to that is... just remember, "evil" spelled backwards is "live." And I do like to LIVE !!

Although it will be a huge burden on us, Kent and I will try to stoically withstand the hardship of having to fly your Mirage for you until you learn how. Oh, the incredible sacrifices we make in the name of our rocketry friends.

Read the article on the Raptor. Pretty good article, but the author refers to "elevons." They aren't elevons, they are stabilators. Don't know how he missed that, it's in the instructions.

Now, if I just had time to finish the A4 so that I could finish the Raptor, things would be just peachy.

Work sucks.

Well, I got to see what all the fuss was about, and I have to admit they are pretty slick! I went to our local hobby shop, Starfleet Hobbies and they had the WattAge B2 for $39, TWO of the Mirages for $39 and one F22 for $79...the kits are pretty sweet! The F22 actually is covered on the wings and tail feathers, which pleased me to no end. I almost bought it, but knew I was going to Magnum today and would wind up spending my money there, but thats another story in another forum topic.

Cya

Carl is going to pick up one of the Mirage's for me from StarFleet.... hehehe. It's nice to have friends that live near hobby shops that have cheap prices.

Evil Ken strikes again.

Now all I have to do is finish the A4 and F22..... anybody know of a way to put 26 hours into a day?

SKUNK!!!! And that is all I am going to say to you! You are off my Christmas card list. :)

Latest posts

Back