A blast from the past....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been close to a decade since I’ve done much rocketry stuff. My kids grew up and life got busy...that’s my excuse. Poking my head back into TRF and I recognize some friendly names. Things are changing....Flis is closing shop. Sandman’s decal printer has died. Thrustline Aerospace is no longer.

So I pulled some dusty old rockets out of the shop, cleaned them up and took some pics for old times sake. Gordon turned the cones for my big Interceptor....Jim Flis inspired the big Praetor....and the original beta Arapahoe E I did for John at Thrustline.

Just renewed my NAR membership. These old birds need to fly some more. I guess I’m back for those that still remember me.
upload_2018-8-5_21-13-22.jpeg

It’s been close to a decade since I’ve done much rocketry stuff. My kids grew up and life got busy...that’s my excuse. Poking my head back into TRF and I recognize some friendly names. Things are changing....Flis is closing shop. Sandman’s decal printer has died. Thrustline Aerospace is no longer.

So I pulled some dusty old rockets out of the shop, cleaned them up and took some pics for old times sake. Gordon turned the cones for my big Interceptor....Jim Flis inspired the big Praetor....and the original beta Arapahoe E I did for John at Thrustline.

Just renewed my NAR membership. These old birds need to fly some more. I guess I’m back for those that still remember me.
View attachment 358949

Welcome back! Though I wasn't around the forums ten years ago, I did launch rockets circa mid to late 60's. Gordy just reopened his Excelsior website to sell his remaining inventory of decals and some OOP kits. His Roachwerks still does balsa turning, if I'm not mistaken. Squirrel Works has an Arapahoe E kit. Dr. Zooch recently announced his closing in addition to Jim. We all wish them the best.

How about some launch videos when you get the chance? Would love seeing those vintage birds in the air again.

Latest posts

Back