A big thanks to LOC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Schwantz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last year purchased a LOC 4" Phoenix kit from Jason. Flew my L1 with it. Flew my L2 today. Thanks for a quality kit and parts that fit. Best of all was the CS that they are known for. AT J250-14W flew it to about 8000' agl, JLCR set to open at 500'agl. Winds were between 15 and 18 mph, only damage was paint from being drug across field a bit.

Congratulations on the level 2 certification.

It was good talking with you and thank you for showing me your other rockets. Maybe we can do a drag race/altitude competition with our MD 38mm rockets.

~John

HI John, you as well. I have a J520W sitting here looking at me, it will go in the Black Hole 38MD. Kind of guessing won't see much of the flight. Do you have the alt, Katie, that we can hear in flight? I got one of the Rocket Hounds, but it does not give real time info. Dave.

No I don't have anything like that yet. I have a MW T3 gps tracker that sends live data back to my phone but the data rate is not crazy fast, I can get a ballpark apogee live.

I am getting more into the onboard logging and thrust curves of motors as I want to start experimental motors now that I have my L2.

Back