A Big Reason Why I Love My Wife!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Like many of you, for many years, I did rocketry completely on my own. But for almost 7 years now, my wife has joined me in my hobby, and I can't be more thrilled.

She started out with the Estes Generic E2X, Metallizer, Patriot, then moved up to both of the BMS School Kits, the Estes Pro Series Nike Smoke, Aerotech IQSY Tomahawk, then decided she wanted to do high power. She got the LOC Hi-Tech for Christmas and did a very nice job on the kit. We got a 38mm version, and I'm proud to say she achieved her Level 1 last Saturday at our monthly launch in Walnut Grove, MO.

It is so nice to be able to say, Honey, I would like to buy "name here" kit, and she says "Go buy it then"! Sorry guys, I'm a lucky man. LOL

Good job, hon!

Attachments

• IMG_1656.JPG
    IMG_1656.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 108
that is super!

The wife & I do Lego together.. It is nice to have a shared interest!

(but now you have to find another hobby to get some "alone time" 🤣 😁 joking!! )

that is super!

The wife & I do Lego together.. It is nice to have a shared interest!

(but now you have to find another hobby to get some "alone time" 🤣 😁 joking!! )
Thanks dr wogz - it is nice to have a shared interest. Oh, and I have the alone time, I play wargames when I'm not building rockets.

I struggled MIGHTILY to resist going into full-on spouse brag mode, but I just can't resist. The high power rocketry hobby has many great supportive Rocket Wives, but I'll put my Darline up against any of 'em in competition. I have taken this poor woman to hot remote places like Lucerne Dry Lake, Jean Dry Lake, Tripoli Spacecoast, the world's largest sod farm in South Carolina, Argonia, Amarillo . . . the list goes on. And she has never complained. A terrific support person at the pad, wields a mean checklist (see below). And serves as the World's Best Registrar at our Michigan Team-1 launch events. I couldn't ask for better.
Bob Schultz
STROBE 2021.jpg

(She cringes at this photo, but who DOES look glamorous in 114 degree heat? Nobody.)

Supportive spouses are great! While our hobbies don't overlap, we do help out.

Be careful what you ask for. Sharon and Tim at LDRS in 2016, she stole my M2000 to drag race the Wildman.
Awesome - that is a great pic. So how did the drag race turn out? Guess it doesn't really matter, the experience, I'm sure, was great.
Happy Flying!

I struggled MIGHTILY to resist going into full-on spouse brag mode, but I just can't resist. The high power rocketry hobby has many great supportive Rocket Wives, but I'll put my Darline up against any of 'em in competition. I have taken this poor woman to hot remote places like Lucerne Dry Lake, Jean Dry Lake, Tripoli Spacecoast, the world's largest sod farm in South Carolina, Argonia, Amarillo . . . the list goes on. And she has never complained. A terrific support person at the pad, wields a mean checklist (see below). And serves as the World's Best Registrar at our Michigan Team-1 launch events. I couldn't ask for better.
Bob Schultz

(She cringes at this photo, but who DOES look glamorous in 114 degree heat? Nobody.)
I would say Bob, that you do have a great supporter there. Thanks for posting and take care. 114 degrees, ouch!

Same same, mine is egging me on to build a new 8” Deadpool currently lol

Attachments

• 4F598AC4-4B30-419E-9FDF-46314F95111C.jpeg
    4F598AC4-4B30-419E-9FDF-46314F95111C.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 21
Awesome - that is a great pic. So how did the drag race turn out? Guess it doesn't really matter, the experience, I'm sure, was great.
Happy Flying!

She lost, it's hard to beat these guys:

CJ, David and Tim.jpg

CJ, David and Tim have all been at it for quite a while. We have both managed a couple of wins, but not that time. CJ and David both know their way around an ignitor, and you have to cheat to beat the Wildman....

Back