9V rechargeable batteries

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tHoagland

Rocket Builder
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I can across these batteries today and wondered if anyone had used these, or something similar for power their deployment altimeter.

ZNTER S19 9V 400mAh USB Rechargeable 9V Lipo Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M2Z442X/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

They are 400mAh LiPo batteries in a standard 9V form factor. They charge via USB with the charge controller embedded into the case. If it's capable of sourcing enough current to light ignitors, they could be a great addition to a rocketeers tool box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appears to be two LiPo cells in parallel with a boost converter. I'd expect it to burn more juice than usual sitting on the pad, no idea on max current capacity but likely limited.

EDIT: yup, there's a protection circuit which kicks in and the output drops to 1.9V unboosted. I would -not- recommend these for flight.

Last edited:
For what they're charging, you can buy three or four 500 mAH 2S LiPo's from HK, and you know exactly what you're getting.

Back