9v Battery Holder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Anyone, with personal experience, know of where I can get a very sturdy 9v battery holder for my altimeters (MissileWorks)?

I'd like something that's very solid. I couldn't find anything at the Radio Shacks I went into. Seems that their selection of electronic components is becoming smaller and smaller.

Doh! See what happens when you buy from a vendor? I never even looked at Missile Works' web site.

Thanks Troj!

I got both of these types from Keystone electronics, I ordered 25 of each last time so I don't remember the part #'s. I prefer the metal one's but have used the plastic model successful to.
DSC00001.jpg

The Missleworks ones work quite well. And there only a buck.:y:

Al

Anyone, with personal experience, know of where I can get a very sturdy 9v battery holder for my altimeters (MissileWorks)?

I'd like something that's very solid. I couldn't find anything at the Radio Shacks I went into. Seems that their selection of electronic components is becoming smaller and smaller.

Try Allied Electronics alliedelec.com on line. They carry some very rugged battery holders.

The Missile Works type is excellent, and really secure if you put a wire type around the battery and mount the battery horizontally on a bulkhead.

Bob

The Missile Works type is excellent, and really secure if you put a wire type around the battery and mount the battery horizontally on a bulkhead.

Oh ... I just realized that I've also used the MissileWorks holders and they are just as good, maybe better, than the Digikey ones I linked to in my last message. And the MissileWorks ones are a little less expensive.

-- Roger

Thanks I went back and ordered five of them, along with the 2-pole switches.

I've used a bunch of those Keystone metal holders, above. the batteries can pop out of the holder pretty easily, so I use a zip-tie (the long way) to hold it all together.

now I think: if ya gotta use a zip-tie anyways, save your money and don't buy the holders, just use two zip-ties and a Radio Shack "Heavy Duty" 9v connector.

I agree with CLS, I have used both the metal and plastic battery holders, neither works well without adding a cable tie. I stopped using the holders and now just bond a picture frame (slightly larger than the silhouette of the battery to a piece of G-10, drill two holes for cable ties and I have a no (well at last not yet) fail holder. The Radio Shack 9v connectors takes care of the electrical. I have done the same method except electrical tape the battery in place. Not elegant but has worked really well.

Just my .02 worth.

If you have room with what ever mounting system you use try to locate the battery on the oppisite side of your electronics sled if possable.

Not above it or below it on the same side because if your battery does get loose or due to a hard shock it can and probably will slam into your electronics and I know I would not want a 3.00$ battery whipping out a 80.00$ or more altimiter.

Back