• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 98mm UNI Hybrid tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Alright TRF, I am in a financial crises and what better way for you guys to help me than to make you guys 98mm Tubes with my new UNI hybrid layup method. Also these new tubes will have a new outer layer finish.

75C6BA4E-9460-4344-B75E-6F25DF4A33DA.jpeg

In the picture it is a 38mm, but just imagine how cool it will be in 98mm.

The max length on these tubes will be 66”, the ID will be 3.9”. As for the OD I’ll try to get it close to standard or thin wall.

I need help in getting the supplies too, so I need 3 volunteers to acquire the supplies by paying half up front.

My price for these tubes are
Standard wall: $226
Thin wall: $215

Your help is most appreciated and I look forward to making you guys these tubes.

Thank You

I almost forget, let me know if you would like them 390F resistant.

Really hard to take pictures thanks to the reflective nature of the carbon, but here are a few more.

461E21E3-39D5-428A-B7AC-95050B962111.jpeg
F6B11A73-6D10-40FE-9A0B-4A6EF940C5C8.jpeg

what weight did they come out to? presume they have not been sanded yet

For a 66 inch tube, that is 17.1 gram per inch

PML EX 3.9 tubing weighs 20.8 gram per inch, it has a .072 wall thickness

what is the wall thickness? looks like an awesome CF tube

Last edited:
Apologies for the late reply, the wall is 0.055” the final OD on the tube came out to 4.01”. It is just slightly under the standard wall size.

To those of you who are still waiting for your tubes, I want to say thank you for being patient with me. It has not been easy as of late for me.

Recently the machine broke down, but it is fixed and running. I am also currently waiting on quality shrink tape to be delivered in order to deliver quality tubing.

Thank You

I've received my tube from this batch. It's extremely visually appealing. I keep meaning to take some.decent pictures of it and post them. I will when I get home on Wednesday.

Pictures please

To those of you who are still waiting for your tubes, I want to say thank you for being patient with me. It has not been easy as of late for me.

Recently the machine broke down, but it is fixed and running. I am also currently waiting on quality shrink tape to be delivered in order to deliver quality tubing.

Thank You

Did this sell?

Back