98mm subminimum diameter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the money shot!

Screenshot_20231006_080906_Chrome.jpg

Thanks to Jim @ Tahoma Photography

8 foot rocket 14 foot flame

Inside story..I glued the grains into the two piece liner and had major difficulty getting it into the case. I've never had to beat on a motor...so hard. I stopped working on the project for a week contemplating what to do.
I was relieved that the motor survived ignition.
The fins staying on..was another milestone. It simmed to Mach 3. When the deployment bay..buckled and the rocket continued on it way..was a surprise. Finding the rocket with the fins still attached ..fast flight and a fast stop...brought a smile to my face..(which I needed)

Thanks to all that said I was crazy and it wouldn't work!

It almost did!

Tony

Here's the money shot!

View attachment 608165

Thanks to Jim @ Tahoma Photography

8 foot rocket 14 foot flame

Inside story..I glued the grains into the two piece liner and had major difficulty getting it into the case. I've never had to beat on a motor...so hard. I stopped working on the project for a week contemplating what to do.
I was relieved that the motor survived ignition.
The fins staying on..was another milestone. It simmed to Mach 3. When the deployment bay..buckled and the rocket continued on it way..was a surprise. Finding the rocket with the fins still attached ..fast flight and a fast stop...brought a smile to my face..(which I needed)

Thanks to all that said I was crazy and it wouldn't work!

It almost did!

Tony
Great shot Jim got!

I'm going to try that True Value Fluorescent paint one of these days. What primer did you use for that paint please? Same True Value brand primer?

Thank you sir,

Great shot Jim got!

I'm going to try that True Value Fluorescent paint one of these days. What primer did you use for that paint please? Same True Value brand primer?

Thank you sir,
Light grey rustoleum auto sandable primer
Rustoleum flat white..(not their primer)
True Value florescent yellow
2K clear for best results or Crystal Clear Rustoleum..for single use rockets...

Screenshot_20231006_114020_Chrome.jpg

Ludicrous survived ignition..

Jim@ Tahoma photography

Tony

Light grey rustoleum auto sandable primer
Rustoleum flat white..(not their primer)
True Value florescent yellow
2K clear for best results or Crystal Clear Rustoleum..for single use rockets...

View attachment 608186

Ludicrous survived ignition..

Jim@ Tahoma photography

Tony

I've NEVER seen swampgas look so photogenic!! Its gorgeous!!

Are you still using the same formula from back in the TQC yuku days or are you using a modified version?

Back