98mm long burn sets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rejma0415

Reaction score
Hey ex guys!

As you may or may not know, ARR have been carrying the double liner long burn casting tube and liner sets in 54mm and 75mm. I’ve had a few people interested in having a 98mm set made up. Phenix Tube and I have run up a spec on these, but I am hesitant to drop a grand on a couple dozen sets or more w/o at least a modicum of preorder interest. They are not cheap for a host of reasons (labor, quantity, etc) and are $59 per 4 foot triple set. They are designed to fit Loki / AMW / TruCore hardware ID, any quarter inch wall 98’s. You should be able to get 10 seconds on these if they are set up in your motor properly. Here are the specs:

Liner # 1: 3.336" ID x .070" wall x 3.480" OD (standard liner dimensions for 98mm quarter inch wall hardware)

Liner # 2: 3.175" ID x .072" wall x 3.320" OD x (same OD of normal casting tube but thicker and made of phenolic)

Casting: 3.089" ID x .038" wall x 3.165" OD x (white glassine kraft paper casting tube with typical wall thickness)

I’ll pull the trigger if I can get 10 or so..

Thanx!

Randy
www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com
[email protected]
813-484-1298

P.S. Here it is on the webstore:

https://www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com/Products/tripleset.html

Liner # 1: 3.336" ID x .070" wall x 3.480" OD (standard liner dimensions for 98mm quarter inch wall hardware)
I've never seen 1/4" wall in 98 mm. However, it looks like the case ID these will fit is 3.5", so the wall is 3/16". Aerotech 98 mm cases are 1/8" wall and use a 3.610 OD liner. The Aerotech liner is 1/8" wall and is enough for my 17 second burn motors. Have you considered a single liner with a thicker wall instead of 2 separate liners?

The quarter inch may be me just pulling from memory, but whatever the case my be, they'll fit because we've made regular sets for Loki/AMW, etc anyway. Regarding jusing using one thicker liner, it is a possibility but you do run into manufacturing issues once a tube goes beyond a certain thickness. The double liner configuration is me just duplicating similar setups for other commercial reloads. Yes, we have gone way beyond 10 seconds but as you know it all depends on temperature and pressure and I couldn't in good conscience just advertise the max.

Back