• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx 98mm EX snap ring casings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeRoc29

Reaction score
I'm doing a run of 98mm/3.50" ID snap ring motor cases. Not anodized. All my cases are machined from 6061-T6511 ASTMB221 tubing hand selected for consistent ID. I've been using this tubing for years with success. All cases will include a heavy duty spiral thrust ring and two internal snap rings. Double snap ring grooves are available and recommended if you are running longer motors at >800 psi ($20 extra). Cases will be shipped securely in a 5x5" box via USPS 2-3 day priority mail with insurance. Buyer pays actual shipping. If you would like to purchase a case, please send me a DM telling me with case desired, your mailing address, and your Paypal address so that I can send you a payment request that reflects an accurate shipping quote. Turnaround time is 4-6 weeks.

~ Derek TRA#3406L3

98mm/3.50" ID snap ring 6061-T6511
Case length/price
24" 200
30" 225
48" 375
60" 475

Last edited:
3.625" OD liners are used on threaded AT/CTI cases. Snap ring cases are thicker walled, thus the 3.50" ID.

do you do a full turndown of the OD?
if so, the last 3/4" can be left as a thrust ring and no extra external ring is needed?

if so, the last 3/4" can be left as a thrust ring and no extra external ring is needed?

Correct. There is a built in thrust ring (4.00" OD) on the aft end. The external spiral retaining ring is included but can be removed if desired.

Or the last 1/2" .... and then it fits just like AT/CTI hardware.

I'm going from memory right now but I think AMW is 3/4" width. I can do 1/2" too. Just let me know.

you should offer a 54", it uses a full 48" liner

I can make any length you want. The cases listed are a quick reference for price. A 54" case is $425.

Correct. Optional. I don't usually do this but some have requested it. Ed Romani used to offer this on his cases when TruCore Brand X motors were still being made.

Some have asked if i can make complete motors, but I'm not offering internal parts right now. But check out XPS Rocketry's killer deal on forward bulkhead closures.

Last edited:
Dropping off stock at the machinist Saturday morning. If you want a case from this run, let me know by Friday night.

Cases only. Prices on a few sizes are listed in the post 1. PM for other sizes.

I'm interested.... Most of my 98mm liners are 3.625 OD though....
If you can find any Kosdon 4" cases they'll work with the liners you have.
I have a 36" of Frank's. What I did know is the OD is slightly larger than the 4" motor tubes or the afore mention 98mm cases.
I made a custom tube for my last Patriot build. I made an adapter to go down to 75mm motors.
I fly EX motors and AT 98mm grains in it. When I flew the M1939, I used a AT nozzle, CTI nozzle carrier, Fwd and 75mm hubcap with a hardened adapter washer.

Back