• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 98mm CF Thicker wall tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Alright TRF, I have here two 98mm tubes that turned out a little bit beefier, I mis-counted the layers and threw in one extra layer.

One is 34.5” long and the other is 24.75” long. Tg 250F and both have an ID of 3.9” +\- 0.005”. If you want OD details, let me know.

41F64714-7780-4DC7-8586-8090C2BCC8FA.jpeg

I am asking $165 for the 34.5” and $119 for the 24.75” one, plus shipping.

Thank you for your interest and support.

I forgot weight details, the longer tube weighs in at 778 grams and the shorter tube at 562 grams

OD measures at 4.05”

Bump, I forgot to include that I will coat with epoxy and sand smooth as possible the tubes for an additional $40, $20 for a single tube.

Dropping price to $116 for the large one and $84 for the smaller one, total of $200 for both.

You say coat with epoxy. What is the current finish of the short tube? And how is the fit with other vendor nose cones?

You say coat with epoxy. What is the current finish of the short tube? And how is the fit with other vendor nose cones?

Basically the finish is still a little rough with the heat shrink tape ridges that get left behind. Also (an issue I am still trying to fix) the circulation and temperature regulation is not that good on my oven and as a result the resin did not flow properly in some areas and resulted in pin holes, here is a picture

B5E64991-781C-4410-9320-93FE9A19305E.jpeg

Most of the short tube is not that rough, but still requires work to get it really smooth. Hence why I opted to coat it and smooth it out for you for an additional fee of course.

as for the fit of nose cones, I have sold a tube to someone in the past using this exact same mandrel and it fit just fine. Just the OD will not match on this particular tubing.

Back