---

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't the Eliminator an Estes version of the Phoenix Bird? I think that I read that somewhere. Just replace the Estes BT with a sturdier version (Centuri-type tube from Semroc or BMS), give it the proper paint job and new decals, and you have a Phoenix Bird. Or so I thought. There was a thread about this not too long ago either on YORF or the old TRF. Time to do a thread search...

EDIT: Well, there's some discussion of the PB here. I don't know how much help it will be.

MarkII

Last edited:
How does the fincan compare onthe one Quest used for their E2X Lightning kit? I've been buying the RTF Skydiver version at @$4.00 for the cones and cans, I like them for G80 minimum diameter birds.
-Braz

The fin can on the Eliminator is a probably more sturdy than the Quest quick kit fin can, but you can't purchase the Estes one seperately. And the Eliminator runs $20 to $30.

Three years ago, when I was building clones of the Enerjet 1340 model, I did contact Estes to order the Eliminator fin can and nose cone. I was told those parts were not in stock but the older, black colored, fin can and nose cone from the Long Shot model was available.

I bought four each of the fin can and nose cone. I think cost, including shipping, was around $30.00.

I don't know if these parts are still available.

1340 Stands 01.jpg

The fin can on the Eliminator is a probably more sturdy than the Quest quick kit fin can, but you can't purchase the Estes one seperately. And the Eliminator runs $20 to $30.

The Quest RTF fin can he is speaking of in the Skydiver is not the "Quick Kit Fin Can" it is a one piece unit that was just about the same strength as the Estes one, but it is smaller in diameter (30mm) and only has 3 fins if I am remembering correctly. I believe the Lighnting used a one piece one at first, then used the less sturdy multi piece one.

Last edited:
Back