904 Ceramic Adhesive

Discussion in 'High Power Rocketry (HPR)' started by HyperSonic, Apr 24, 2017.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Dec 7, 2019 #31

Wallace

Wallace

Wallace

Sponsor TRF Sponsor TRF Supporter

Perfect, we are on the same page. I know for certain I couldn't pull it off. Just thinking how sweet it would be if you could litterally hand sharpen your ceramic coated fins before a high mach flight.

2. Dec 8, 2019 #32

Wallace

Wallace

Wallace

Wish I could give you an "Oh yeah, I've done that and all you need to do is..." answer, but.. unfortunately I have absolutely zero experience with it. I was just thinking of an "easy/consistent " way to achieve what you're attempting. I'm not one of those keyboard jockey EXPERTS that'll TELL you how to do things whilst never having done or even seen them myself.
    Just an idea guy that'll help where and when I can. I know exactly how hard it is to get perfect fin sizes/shapes/bevels and I'm fairly certain that barring either CNC or a good jig it's close to impossible. Just thinking along the lines of a jig with ceramic sharpener rods. if you were to use the same for pre and post 904 application (AND IT ACTUALLY WORKED) Would you not end up with consistent shape, angle and thickness?

3. Dec 8, 2019 #33

Rob702Martinez

Rob702Martinez

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee TRF Supporter

I'm excited to test some of this. Thanks to Hypersonic for the samples! Will report back.

HyperSonic likes this.
  4. Dec 8, 2019 #34

Wallace

Wallace

Wallace

Just a thought, but if it took a hammer drill to remove, it may have had a chance in actual flight?

5. Dec 8, 2019 #35

HyperSonic

HyperSonic

HyperSonic

Forum Supporter TRF Supporter

I appreciate each and every idea anybody is willing to share with me. Obviously I can't use them all, but I read them all, and go from there. I'm no expert at this stuff. All you can do is do the best you can with whatever tools are available to you. I don't have access to a CNC, but I'm trying to learn this CAD program so I can draw my tower braces up and convert to the format needed to download into the waterjet we have at work. This thing makes perfect cuts and holes. I've received a ton of help from a lot of people here, which has gotten me this far.

Read his thread on the flying fin can. He hit mach 3.5 and went over 67K. To me, that is just INCREDIBLE!

Wallace likes this.
  6. Dec 9, 2019 #36

Wallace

Wallace

Wallace

Save yuorself a ton of time and go to Thingiverse. Someone already created a parametric tower generator that you're free to use. Just enter dimensions

7. Dec 13, 2019 #37

Wallace

Wallace

Wallace

This is what I had in mind... 20191212_141740.jpg Think they're about 2 or 3 bucks..

conman13 and Andrew_ASC like this.