• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 8-Channel Wireless/Cabled Launch Control System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyager1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This home-designed and built launch control system is in good used condition. The sale includes the following:

1 x 8-channel launch control unit, plus plug on wireless module.
2 x 4-channel pad boxes, plus plug on wireless modules.
2 x 30m multicore field cable.
1 x 60m multicore field cable.
1 x 90m multicore field cable.
8 x 3m ignition cables with alligator clip extensions.

All the circuit schematics for the system will be provided.

The 8-channel control unit (LCU) facilitates independent ignition channel selection and pad continuity display. It has an internal 12V 7Ah SLA battery which can be charged and checked via front panel connections.

The 4-channel pad boxes (PBU) facilitate independent ignition channel selection and ignition relay short testing. They also have internal 12V 7Ah SLA batteries which can be charged and checked via front panel connections. If necessary, the front panel connectors can be used for connecting an external battery. Each pad box has a loud beeper that sounds when the pad box is armed prior to ignition.

The LCU and PBU units can be connected via the field cables for wired operation. Alternatively, the units can be used wirelessly by connecting the external wireless (RF) modules to the cable connectors on each unit. The wireless link is reliable out to at least 100m with the RF modules raised to at least 1.5m - 2m off the ground.

I am asking for AU$450 for the lot. This system is for a local Australian sale with local pickup or domestic shipping at purchaser's expense.

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_095006.jpg
    IMG_20211212_095006.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
This home-designed and built launch control system is in good used condition. The sale includes the following:

1 x 8-channel launch control unit, plus plug on wireless module.
2 x 4-channel pad boxes, plus plug on wireless modules.
2 x 30m multicore field cable.
1 x 60m multicore field cable.
1 x 90m multicore field cable.
8 x 3m ignition cables with alligator clip extensions.

All the circuit schematics for the system will be provided.

The 8-channel control unit (LCU) facilitates independent ignition channel selection and pad continuity display. It has an internal 12V 7Ah SLA battery which can be charged and checked via front panel connections.

The 4-channel pad boxes (PBU) facilitate independent ignition channel selection and ignition relay short testing. They also have internal 12V 7Ah SLA batteries which can be charged and checked via front panel connections. If necessary, the front panel connectors can be used for connecting an external battery. Each pad box has a loud beeper that sounds when the pad box is armed prior to ignition.

The LCU and PBU units can be connected via the field cables for wired operation. Alternatively, the units can be used wirelessly by connecting the external wireless (RF) modules to the cable connectors on each unit. The wireless link is reliable out to at least 100m with the RF modules raised to at least 1.5m - 2m off the ground.

I am asking for AU$450 for the lot. This system is for a local Australian sale with local pickup or domestic shipping at purchaser's expense.
Do you have all the information for building these?

Do you have all the information for building these?
I do have the electronic schematics of the designs for the launch controller, pad boxes and the wireless adapter. I will dig into my design file archive and send them to you later when I get back down to my office.

I might also have some spare silkscreened panels that I used for the front panels on the controller and pad units, and some spare wireless adapter boards (unpopulated PCBs). If I can find these, you can have the full set of them for the cost of the postage, if you’re interested.

Last edited:
I do have the electronic schematics of the designs for the launch controller, pad boxes and the wireless adapter. I will dig into my design file archive and send them to you later when I get back down to my office.

I might also have some spare silkscreened panels that I used for the front panels on the controller and pad units, and some spare wireless adapter boards (unpopulated PCBs). If I can find these, you can have the full set of them for the cost of the postage, if you’re interested.
Question do you this something like this would work?

Bilusocn Wireless 1200 Group Transmitter BL-1200

[COLOR=var(--color-foreground-primary)]https://www.ebay.com/itm/393008296739?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=tsvuvtsdskc&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=zYxy51ZpQju&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS[/COLOR]

Question do you this something like this would work?

Bilusocn Wireless 1200 Group Transmitter BL-1200

[COLOR=var(--color-foreground-primary)]https://www.ebay.com/itm/393008296739?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=tsvuvtsdskc&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=zYxy51ZpQju&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS[/COLOR]

I think there might have been an earlier thread about these fireworks controllers. I'm sure they would be fine, but I can't recall whether there are issues for rocket launching.

Back