• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

76/4800 Research Motor or Nozzle/Bulkhead

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
I have a 76/4800 (4G) motor for sale. Case is Kosdon East (inside is a little dirty, could use some cleaning if you're a neat freak!), nozzle is from AMW, and bulkhead is from Tru-Core. Nozzle has an 11/16" (0.6875") throat and has been cleaned up, case accepts 20" of propellant. Motor has two firings, including this flight:

[YOUTUBE]tL1kdGE1O1g[/YOUTUBE]

Case has a slight ding in the fore end that should not affect the use of the case going forward, see picture.

I'm asking $210 shipped for this motor.

CYuR27il.jpg

wZgRonEl.jpg

pru245Ql.jpg

eM4QEfYl.jpg

Last edited:
I have someone interested in the case. Anyone interested in the nozzle and bulkhead? I can open the throat and completely recondition the convergence/divergence sections so it can be essentially new.

I have someone interested in the case. Anyone interested in the nozzle and bulkhead? I can open the throat and completely recondition the convergence/divergence sections so it can be essentially new.

Dan - I'm interested in these- depending on price. msg me on FB, and we'll talk about it.

Dood... are you wanting to take ALL my money??? Why you tempt so much??

edit - I see wise people with interest. Thank you nice people. I can buy food now.

Nah, I will happily let others get this one. I just got a real nice 54mm off Dan and can recommend him as a seller!

Nozzle and bulkhead have sold.

Case is available for $110 plus shipping. PM with interest.

Wow you want $110 for a dirty case that is at least 15 years old and has a dent in it.

Name your price and it's yours.

I love that I give you marketing advice in another thread and you go and throw this **** fit.

From the rules "Regarding comments about sellers, If you are not involved in a transaction with the seller or do not have current experience (last 6 months) with that seller, stay out of the conversation. Violation of this will result in infractions being issued."

Put up your $10 or stop commenting.

Tracking Number is 9405 9096 9993 8641 8736 30.

When it gets there, you know where to put it. Or, preferably, donate it to a good rocketeer.

Last edited:
I got to thinking, since you hit me with Loki's retail price of $160 for a new case (great competitive intelligence!), maybe you can buy an adapter from Scott and fly some of his loads in it!

I have had several people approach me about this case after this, I have referred them all to Tim. He has a real opportunity to make a profit!

I'll offer $11 for it.... Make a nice case to test this rocket before my L3 attempt-

17092083252_7293919af8_b.jpg

LOKI sells kits to convert other cases to work with his loads. Basically, it's a nozzle and a bulkhead.

Tracking Number is 9405 9096 9993 8641 8736 30.

When it gets there, you know where to put it. Or, preferably, donate it to a good rocketeer.

I find this a little harsh, if it was a 29 or 38 then I could see it, but a 76, Ouch !!!

Received by Tim. Considering this transaction resulted in a monetary loss of $0.34 ($9.75 to ship, $9.41 payment after fees) and a 76/4800 case, the least he can do is say he received it.

Back