75mm flyaway rail guides onboard footage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckH

Reaction score
For my first attempt at using the flyaway rail guides, I decided to strap a camera onboard and see what they looked like in action. There are some frame by frame stills of the guides deploying at the end of the video.

[video=youtube_share;Dtk3HvlGlgA]https://youtu.be/Dtk3HvlGlgA[/video]

Last edited:
Must be the wrong video. No onboard or stills in this one...

Awesome! I witnessed how well they forked for a 54mm. min. dia. rocket last weekend & bought a 75mm. fly away guide for my Mongoose 75

Chuck, that is some awesome footage, thanks so much for posting that!

That looked like some serious acceleration off the pad, and yet the guides still sprang away from the body tube and cleared the fins... Looks like one excellent product, and some nice video too!!

Chuck, it was nice meeting you and talking to you at the launch. I knew you would like the fly away guides. I've pretty much flown the 75mm and 98mm fly away guides with a bunch (20+) Motors from L to M's and they have worked flawless. Glad you like them. My thanks for Mayhem Rocketry to be part of the development and testing of the fly away guides, most fun I've had.

Chuck, that is some awesome footage, thanks so much for posting that!

You're welcome! I was hoping you would see it :)

Chuck, it was nice meeting you and talking to you at the launch. I knew you would like the fly away guides. I've pretty much flown the 75mm and 98mm fly away guides with a bunch (20+) Motors from L to M's and they have worked flawless. Glad you like them. My thanks for Mayhem Rocketry to be part of the development and testing of the fly away guides, most fun I've had.

Likewise, it was nice chatting with you as well. I'm happy with the guides so far; the big test will be when I load that rocket up with another M, hopefully at Airfest. It won't have a camera for that flight though ;)

Which version of the fly-away guides are those? I'd like to try them at BALLS this year on my 3" MD rocket. I used a tower last year but it was really hard on my very nice paint job.

Great video - I especially like that it show the guide clearing the fins.

Tony

Which version of the fly-away guides are those? I'd like to try them at BALLS this year on my 3" MD rocket. I used a tower last year but it was really hard on my very nice paint job.

Great video - I especially like that it show the guide clearing the fins.

Tony

Those are the 75mm guides. I sell them as large as 98mm.

I couldn't be more excited about this video. It is just awesome.

Back