• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

75mm Aerotech rear closure for use on MD sustainer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Howdy,

I am in need of an Aerotech 75mm rear closure that has been machined down to fit inside a 3" tube so that I can use an At motor as sustainer in a two stage project.

If anyone out there has one, or could do the machining, pls drop me a msg.

Thanks

Rob / S1

Isn't the ring from the reload adapter kit exactly what you are looking for? Does someone have one on hand they can measure and compare to the aft closure? I've seen them accidently swapped before and they seemed to fit perfectly.

I asked Karl at Aerotech if using a spare closure from the reload adapter would work. He gave me a very strong

No, don’t do that…It will not work, just machine the O/D of the regular closure to the case I/D
This is what most minimum Diameter folks do to fit the motor inside the airframe…

so.. that sounds like someone attempted it before :facepalm:

I agree that it looks like it should work. We have two adapter sets, and I tried, everything seems to fit, but, if the manufacturer says 'dont do it' and recommends altering their hardware, there may be a reason.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't without spending some serious time with both parts and a good set of calipers, and if Aerotech would rather you machine the actual part, best to go that route...

My guess... the aft closure is a tiny bit longer than the new forward closure for the adapter system.

Well, one of the members came through, although, if there is another one out there, a spare would be nice.

Back