75 MM Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COrocket

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 75 MM motor in a large K (2500 Ns) size. Right now, i am looking at Aerotech, Cesaroni, and AMW. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which was better, in terms of ease of use, propellant looks/variety, hardware, availability, etc.

I am looking to buy a 75 MM motor in a large K (2500 Ns) size. Right now, i am looking at Aerotech, Cesaroni, and AMW. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which was better, in terms of ease of use, propellant looks/variety, hardware, availability, etc.

Cesaroni is the most dynamic motor manufacturer out there. Quality product, reliable motors, and the hardware costs less.

Get your hardware two sizes larger than what you think you need, and use spacers for your full K reloads. Eventually you will want to try something a little larger. :dark:

(Look at my login name and filter this information accordingly, if you feel the need to).

AFAIK CTI has the largest variety of certified 75 mm loads of the above named vendors. CTI also has a very good availability. We are actively working on further expanding the product range and dealer network.

Does it have to be a 'K' motor? CTI has a 4% 'L', the L585 Imax motor. It fits our Pro75-2G motor (same size as the RMS75/2560 casing). Most motors in that casing are a large 'K'. We have gotten really good response on this motor after people saw it fly.

Jeroen

Are you L2 certified???

I'm not sure if I want to do EX, but I would like to know how easy or possible it is to do in something other than AMW hardware. I was just looking to buy a "2 grain" motor once I get my L2, so a small L would be fine. I just wish that Cesaroni would produce a propellant to compete with Aerotech White Lightning, and 75 MM moonburning motors

I just wish that Cesaroni would produce a propellant to compete with Aerotech White Lightning.

I agree. The AMW I195 and I325WW have been discontinued, and I would love to see CTI use that formula in their cases :).

AMW I325 White Wolf. I only have one of these loads left.
I325_Ladyrobin.jpg

Well, Imax is kind of similar to white lightning. It's definitely the closest that CTI makes at the moment. It would be nice to have a true equivalent though.

Well, Imax is kind of similar to white lightning. It's definitely the closest that CTI makes at the moment. It would be nice to have a true equivalent though.
The larger WT motors are quite 'white'. Here is a Wildman Ultimate (6") rocket on an Pro98-4G M3400 White Thunder motor. Flown at MWP 7.

darrelmmotorsunday.jpg

Jeroen

I don't know. It's a white flame, but it's a different one.

It's more of a concentrated jet with mach diamonds, while white lightning's flame is more spread out. I like both though :)

How high did that get by the way?

Dave at Red Arrow told just told me he is now carrying KOSDON motors:jaw:
29 - 75mm. Can you say hyperfast? time to dig out snapring pliers.
Mr. Bob
Starlight dude

The WT is one of my favorites in the Pro 29 line. Probably the only thing better is a skid. Like that's a suprise.:D

Al

Look at LOKI.

Tough question.

We have motor vendors for all of the above at almost every launch so availability is great for us here in Ohio.

Ease of use. I was under the impression that the larger CTI motor assembly were like the 38mm's. Not so. There are lots more things to put together in their big motors. Not that it is a problem but if you are looking for fast assembly I'm not sure which you might prefer.

I love AT White Lightning. Last weekend I saw a really smokey AMW Black Bear and the CTI skids are really popular. I want them all!!

My choice would be based on availablity first and preference second. I think they are all "good." If you can't get 'em you can't fly 'em.

Joe

True - CTI motors in the 75mm and up range are much closer to AT than they are to the 54 and lower CTI motors (as far as assembly is concerned).

True - CTI motors in the 75mm and up range are much closer to AT than they are to the 54 and lower CTI motors (as far as assembly is concerned).

That is true 54 on down are superior ease of assembly. 76mm are still easier than AT IMO

Ben

75mm CTI and 75mm AT are about the same IMO, which is easier than 54 and smaller AT (I find that AT motors are easier to assemble the larger they are). I'll be finding out about 98mm CTI next spring, but until then, I won't know about the 98s :)

Back