• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72” GUIDE SURFACE PARACHUTE, $40

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercloud

Reaction score
Guide Surface Parachute, Military Surplus, includes Deployment Bag. Extremely strong and stable. Designed for deployment at high speeds. Never used.
Pick up in Lancaster, NY or ship USPS for actual shipping charges.

Guide Surface Chute sm 1.jpg

Guide Surface Chute sm2.jpg

These are great chutes, I have one, and they are very tough. A little bulky but the toughest chute I own. I've hit mine with a high speed deployment that shredded another chute involved, and it was fine.

Just my 2 cents. I don't know the seller, but I recognized the chute and had to talk it up. Unfortunately for him I'm not in the market for another one at the moment...

Guide Surface Parachute, Military Surplus, includes Deployment Bag. Extremely strong and stable. Designed for deployment at high speeds. Never used.
Pick up in Lancaster, NY or ship USPS for actual shipping charges.

PM Sent

Glad someone else took it.. that's a really sweet looking chute that I don't have cash for :)

AeroCon had these a while back. I believe that they have a higher Cd because of the semi-balute shape. I think that I remember readint that they comes down straighter because of the vent hole in the top, and the ones at the sides.

AeroCon had these a while back. I believe that they have a higher Cd because of the semi-balute shape. I think that I remember readint that they comes down straighter because of the vent hole in the top, and the ones at the sides.

Yes, no spinning, no swaying, nice and straight. Have one that I got from Aerocon a while back. Ya need a fairly large payload section, and about a 10lb rocket, to use it. It fills about 8 inches of 7.5" LOC tube without the d-bag. Not sure it could be folded to fit in a 4" tube, but I have never tried.

Back