• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 70cm Trackers, Radio, Antenna

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
The cleanup continues (how did I get this much stuff). Today, I'm clearing out the 70 cm tracking stuff (You need a HAM license to use any of this). Shipping will likely be via UPS or FedEx ground and at actual cost, i.e. not included in prices below. Payment by PayPal friends and family or cash if picking up. Note: these are personal goods, not Lab Rat Rocketry items, and thus will be to my personal PayPal account. PM interest and address so I can get you an accurate shipping quote. Priority will be in the order of PM received, unless someone takes the whole package (they jump the line).

Radio: Yaesu FT2DR with charging cradle, new battery and additional antenna - $225 - $195

6AC2CBE4-FED8-48E5-9920-B708016E1790.jpeg

5 Element Antenna: Arrow II Hand Held Portable Antenna, cable, adapter, carrying case (antenna comes apart to easily store in shown case) - $75 - $60 - SOLD

E7C0CDB4-977E-4872-A7B2-2FDA24468B5F.jpeg

Trackers: TeleGPS V2.0 - $150 - $125 - SOLD
BRB 70cm RF transmitter beacon (I don't know if 16 or 100 mW) with removable SMA whip antenna, USB interface/battery charger board and battery (no guarantees on battery as it hasn't been charged in some time) - $65 - $50 - SOLD

CB459661-359A-45DC-AD87-D1F96D5350B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump for lower prices. Shipping can be combined with items from my Hardware sale also.

Yeah, The 70cm/400Mhz Ham stuff has the potential for better range than the non-licensed 900Mhz stuff.
I believe "Kate" (which is up to Kate 3 version) is the only tracker at 1 watt on 900Mhz.
In reality for the sport flier, 900Mhz GPS tracking is more than enough to track a sport rocket. I've not had any problem finding any rockets with it. The 70cm and even 2 meter APRS trackers would best serve a project that is going up extremely high and expected to land many miles away. Something like 5+ miles. The ground footprint is better on 70cm/400Mhz and 2/144Mhz meter bands over 900Mhz in the terminal phases of the ground recovery.
I've been flying most of my flights on 900Mhz. A lawn dart with an Eggfinder is less excruciating than trashing a Beeline GPS tracker. Believe me, I've done both.

Just the Yaesu Radio left. I'll wait a few more days then it is off to ebay.

Back