7-8" Nomex Blanket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfunk

Reaction score
Does anyone sell a square nomex blanket in between the standard 6x6" and 9x9" sizes?

The difference of 45 in^2 of fabric between these two sizes is substantial when packing in a small nose cone!

Thanks!

For what size tube? I only ask because the dinochutes petal protector may ( or may not ) be even less volume for your application.

54mm HED MD, 42" spherachutes ultralight chute in the nose cone. I considered the petal protector, I'm just so comfortable with the burrito roll! Thanks!

You can buy ripstop Nomex by the yard off of ebay and cut it to whatever size you need. You can even make a trapezoid blanket that fits the nosecone better for HED configurations.

I have some new 6x6 and 9x9 (and other sizes) that I'm getting ready to post in the yard sale.

Does anyone sell a square nomex blanket in between the standard 6x6" and 9x9" sizes?

The difference of 45 in^2 of fabric between these two sizes is substantial when packing in a small nose cone!

Thanks!

We can make any size you'd like. We can ship next day!

Preston

Top Flight Recovery LLC

While you are at it, pick up a TFR thin-mil parachute to make packing even easier.

I had a hell of a time trying to pack that same Spherachute in my 54mm rocket. I now use the 36" thin-mil instead.

I was able to get a 6"x6" Nomex blanket, a 30" thin-mil Top Flight chute and 12 feet of lightweight Kevlar from Teddy at One Bad Hawk into a 38mm x 4.5" payload (crazy small Madcow mini-Frenzy) at Airfest. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Back