65mm Miss Riley Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know the source supplier for the fiberglass tubing used in this kit? I asked Buddy via a private message but did not get an answer. I did not have the SMT Designs drill guides when I drilled the holes for the switch screws on the AV-Bay and they did not turn out well. Also, my switch band was very loose and is not perfectly orthogonal to the AV-Bay coupler. I would like to replace the payload section, tube coupler and switch band and want to get compatible pieces. TIA.

I contacted Buddy about a month ago with this exact question. I needed to replace the upper payload tube and av-bay sections due to a... uh... lets just call it a deployment mishap. I was directed to Composite Warehouse.

They have "2.6 Inch G12 Fiberglass Tube" in various colors, including the white used for the Miss Riley kit. Note that you need the "thinwall" tube. They also have a standard wall thickness tube. They will have all the necessary pieces you will need.

Airframe tubing link:
http://www.compositewarehouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_28_35&product_id=61
Coupler link:
http://www.compositewarehouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_28_62&product_id=282
Also, just in case: Mark at Stickershock has the vinyl "Miss Riley" lettering. Select the 2.6" size when ordering (as he has several sizes available). Not sure if you already applied your vinyl and need to replace it...

Not to totally hijack your thread, but here is what led to my need for replacement upper airframe tubes. Believe it or not, only the first couple of inches of the payload tube were damaged, and then the clay which completely packed into the payload tube crunched in the front av-bay bulkhead. In total, damage was amazingly minor. This was due to a failed drogue deployment in cold weather, and subsequent high speed main deployment (which immediately severed the shock cord).
20211120_121306 (1).jpg
Shovel recovery in process.

Thanks for the reply. Haven't applied decals yet, was going to fly her first. Now I have to figure out how to cut FG tubing (I'm already looking at TRF threads...).

Amazing it didn't take more damage. Looks pretty even when buried up to the fins...

You may be able to contact Composite Warehouse and find out if they'll make the cuts for you (assuming you know ahead of time exactly what lengths you want). I don't know for sure if they offer this service, but seems reasonable to ask.

Good luck with your build! Be sure to post up some pics as you go.

Back