60 Acres Park, Redmond, WA (Seattle area)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great day at 60 Acres today. Many great flights. Lost yet another Condor glider ther (at least the third, they just fly for forever).
met people, made new friends, like @Evan555222 and his buds. Videos to come.
I’ll be there next Friday, weather and soccer permitting.
Glad I could join!
Working on another stage to go on the bottom of my existing rocket. OpenRocket says it should work pretty well, so we shall see.

What's a good place to look for a schedule of planned launches up there over the next couple of weeks?
There won’t be any more organized launches at 60 Acres until late fall. I’m not sure if how soon soccer teams will interfere with casual launches.

Yes, all close together. I hope you had a good time at TARC. How’d our local teams do?
Ingraham took #44, just 0.76 points from making the second round fly offs. We had an inexplicably high flight that will want a look at the altimeter data. There were at least a few PNW teams that made the fly offs though I didn’t catch the exact placements.

@BEC Did you manage to the the repeated flat tires solved on the rental car?

Glad I could join!
Working on another stage to go on the bottom of my existing rocket. OpenRocket says it should work pretty well, so we shall see.
I wanna be there for that, we could barely see it at one stage! And you're thinking of a 29mm engine as well...

I'll be there Friday (during the work day, sorry), but won't be able to make it all weekend, it's Folklife!

Ken, were all those in one spot? They’re Viking fins, but I almost think they may be from more than one model. Often Cub Scout groups use the Viking (and since it is a direct descendant of the Centuri Akela-1, which was done especially for Cub Scouts, it makes sense….

The weather here in Virginia held for the TARC finals yesterday. The rains came during the closing dinner. Fortunately we were all under a huge tent then.
Not sure I answered this, yes, they were all found close together.

Sounds like I missed something exciting about your trip.
Yeah. Last year both the rental car business and the return flight were, shall we say, more interesting than we'd wanted. This year it was rental car(s) and our accommodations. No need to clutter up this this thread with way-off-topic discussions of the joys of travel to the TARC finals. I can share the stories next time we fly together.

I found these 2 interesting engines at 60 Acres last weekend. Look international and not exactly recent.
Anyone recognize them or can decipher the date codes?

032.jpg

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    675.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I found these 2 interesting engines at 60 Acres last weekend. Look international and not exactly recent.
Anyone recognize them or can decipher the date codes?

View attachment 582429
Sure. The C6-5 was made last year (22 03 22, so 22 March, 2022), The B6-4 is older. October 11th, 2004.

Those are both label styles that are consistent with those years.

Sure. The C6-5 was made last year (22 03 22, so 22 March, 2022), The B6-4 is older. October 11th, 2004.

Those are both label styles that are consistent with those years.
They look like they were made for the international market as well. I wonder who flew them.

BTW will you be at 60 Acres at all this weekend? I'm planning Friday, leaving the weekend open for Folklife, but I could be persuaded...

The motor labeling has been trilingual for years. It’s normal. I did get some C11-3s from AC Supply once that were clearly intended for another market, but that’s been a little while (this was back during the great “C11s are being discontinued!!” panic).

We are unlikely to be up to Sixty Acres this weekend. I was thinking about some time next week, though. We’re still recovering from our trip to Virginia for TARC.

The motor labeling has been trilingual for years. It’s normal. I did get some C11-3s from AC Supply once that were clearly intended for another market, but that’s been a little while (this was back during the great “C11s are being discontinued!!” panic).

We are unlikely to be up to Sixty Acres this weekend. I was thinking about some time next week, though. We’re still recovering from our trip to Virginia for TARC.
I look forward to hearing about it but I will be gone all next week. This is kind of my last chance for a week and a half or so.

My next days for launching at 60 Acres are this coming Sunday, the 4th, which is a maybe, and then Friday the 9th, which is pretty likely, weather permitting. Hope to see you all there!

And the Boeing club should be launching down in Kent on the 10th, hopefully no burn ban!

Last edited:
Oh dear. I was more confused than I thought. Will go fix that now!

added: I rechecked my email with the Raceway GM that set the dates. I told him the 17th. Website header fixed. Now I just need to keep things straight...

further added: thanks for letting me know I was confusing more folks than just me.

Last edited:
Oh dear. I was more confused than I thought. Will go fix that now!

added: I rechecked my email with the Raceway GM that set the dates. I told him the 17th. Website header fixed. Now I just need to keep things straight...

further added: thanks for letting me know I was confusing more folks than just me.
Hey, I'm the one that didn't read down to the actual schedule...

Hi All! I'm looking at 60 Acres this Friday. I'm not at all sure about the soccer schedule, but I think that school's still in, so it's likely to be free on a weekday. Although much of the area is dry, they keep 60 Acres green, so I don't think it'll be a fire hazard. Prolly arrive between 11 and 12, more or less. If I'm lucky I've my new Ion altimeter built which will make me want to launch some higher fliers!

I'm thinking of breaking in my new pad & controller at 60 Acres on Father's Day with some LP & MP birds (I can do rod & rail). Shot there with a friend two years ago and there was no soccer.

Probably later in the afternoon/early evening. Only mad dogs and Englishmen launch in the mid-day sun ;) If anyone is interested let me know and I'll keep it posted.

I'm thinking of breaking in my new pad & controller at 60 Acres on Father's Day with some LP & MP birds (I can do rod & rail). Shot there with a friend two years ago and there was no soccer.

Probably later in the afternoon/early evening. Only mad dogs and Englishmen launch in the mid-day sun ;) If anyone is interested let me know and I'll keep it posted.
I've made a note on my calendar, please keep me informed. Me? I've been saying "Only mad dogs and rocketeers go out in the noonday sun". Mostly because that's before the winds come up. I lived in Hawaii, I can deal with the sun. :cool:

Last edited:
Back