60 Acres Park, Redmond, WA (Seattle area)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post about using it for evaluating altimeters is what got be interested in it. I plan to stick the largest engine in it that I can for Sod Busters!
Just make sure you have a way of tracking it.....the prevailing winds tend to blow in the general direction of the corn field...which may or may not be harvested yet..

Your post about using it for evaluating altimeters is what got be interested in it.
Yeah, that's the plan. Two flights each on an E16, F15 and then F52C. Based on what Rich just posted, I will probably want to run a 'Chute Release, at least for the F52C flights.

With that many altimeters aboard, I'm not going to push it too hard. I expect near 2000 feet on the F52C.

Some day I think it would be cool to fly one on something like the CTI G33 Mellow, but not this time. That flight would require tracking for sure and there'll be no room for that on these flights.

I'm glad you guys had some fun today up at Sixty Acres....and sorry for the jerking around on the on then off BEMRC launch tomorrow.

Yeah, that's the plan. Two flights each on an E16, F15 and then F52C. Based on what Rich just posted, I will probably want to run a 'Chute Release, at least for the F52C flights.

With that many altimeters aboard, I'm not going to push it too hard. I expect near 2000 feet on the F52C.

Some day I think it would be cool to fly one on something like the CTI G33 Mellow, but not this time. That flight would require tracking for sure and there'll be no room for that on these flights.

I'm glad you guys had some fun today up at Sixty Acres....and sorry for the jerking around on the on then off BEMRC launch tomorrow.
Thanks, bummer about the club launch, but what can you do?

PS, I also plan to attend the Boeing club launch on Saturday in Kent.
Sounds like fun. i retried from Navy in Bangor WA in 99 and been to Kent a few times. been away from rocketry for a long time

Must admit wjen it’s not raining and sunny in summer it’s the bluest skies.

y’all enjoy the launches. i need to look for a club here in South Carolina.

Sounds like fun. i retried from Navy in Bangor WA in 99 and been to Kent a few times. been away from rocketry for a long time

Must admit wjen it’s not raining and sunny in summer it’s the bluest skies.

y’all enjoy the launches. i need to look for a club here in South Carolina.
Yeah, when it's not raining....

I talked to someone from Cross Fire while I was there today. He checked the schedule for me and acknowledged that it's hard to tell what's happening. According to him (and my memory, which is less than reliable), there will be camp at the North Field Friday morning, but no one in the south field. Then they will have both fields after 4 PM (I think, my memory is fuzzy on this).
This was the case for me this afternoon. They were setting up the 4PM event as I was winding down at 3:30.

Then Cross Fire is done for the season. However, I have no idea what Soccer One has plans for.

Meanwhile I had probably the worst day of launches ever. 2 rockets lost over the south fence. my new Ion Altimeter on one of them and my Estes AstroCam on the other. The first was my fault as the engine ejected instead of the parachute, so the wind did not carry it back to me. The second, a Multiroc, just decided to head south for some reason.

I had 3 cluster fails. Two where one engine failed to ignite. One where a 24 mm engine in 29 mm adapter apparently was loose enough that the ejection charge came out there instead of pushing out the parachute. Let that be a lesson to me. Both are repairable.

It really pains me to lose the Ion. Especially since I could hear it beeping. It did not occur to me that I could have at least downloaded the data via wifi before the battery died.

Both rockets are labeled with my name and phone number and who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

The only perfect flight I had was my trusty Vortico.

Attachments

• 2022-08-22 19-16-38. Vortico.MOV
    24.7 MB
Darn, we're heading out of town that day. We're supposed to leave in the morning, but if we get delayed I might show up.
Nic, I'm not going to be able to make it Friday morning, nuts. Looking at next week, Tuesday afternoon is the only possibility. Then I take off for Sod Busters Friday. I'd like to get one more launch in before Sod Busters so that I can test some rockets without embarrassing myself to widely. Have fun tomorrow! Send pics!

Nic, I'm not going to be able to make it Friday morning, nuts. Looking at next week, Tuesday afternoon is the only possibility. Then I take off for Sod Busters Friday. I'd like to get one more launch in before Sod Busters so that I can test some rockets without embarrassing myself to widely. Have fun tomorrow! Send pics!

My middle daughter (turning 8) has a birthday that weekend so I'm unlikely to make Sod Busters for a few more years.

Its actually Sod Blaster not sure where people get Sod Buster at....but we still have fun either way.

Well, I've lived in the Seattle area on and off for over 40 years and this is the first time I'll make it, so be patient!
The good news is we have no plans to stop doing Sod Blaster's, so there will be a next year....unless we have a natural disaster or pandemic...that why this is SodBlaster IV and not V...

The good news is we have no plans to stop doing Sod Blaster's, so there will be a next year....unless we have a natural disaster or pandemic...that why this is SodBlaster IV and not V...
You're pretty short on natural disasters on that side of the mountains, at least as long as Rainier and St. Helens continue to behave themselves.

Back