6 inch Nike Nike smoke scratch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketcamper123

Reaction score
well this project was shelved for 2020 for obviously reasons but will debut in 2021. just figured i post a picture. its basically done except for paint. not much will be done on this build until next spring.

Attachments

• 20200211_112631.jpg
    20200211_112631.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 128
is that what friction fitted supposed to mean? looks like the tip touches the ceiling.

I guess I dont understand the question. My ceiling is only 8 foot in the garage. But I had to take the metal tip off the nose cone to get it to stand up.

Nike Nike pic.jpg

I can't tell if you have incorporated the larger payload area in your rocket. It's be the blue area in the picture. It was 1.125 inches wider than the 16.5 motor and about 42.75 inches long then there was a stepdown like on a Nike Smoke. Basically it was like they took a Nike Smoke nose cone, cut it at the widest part, added a 42.75 inch tube and put the three pieces together.

-Bob

There is no payload bay in my sustainer. It is Head End Deploy. When the rocket is fully painted the silver, red, silver, blue, olive green, and 2 white fins will be there. It is scale in size to diameter, height, and fin dimensions. but the slight alterations of the upper portion of the rocket is not gonna matter to me.

When this flies at some point do you want to attend with your set of calipers to check dimensions? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I had to say it lol.

Back