6" Dia. Blue Tube Airframes- Anyone Know ETA of "Back in Stock"?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmmome

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't know if anyone else has any intel. Didn't want to keep bugging Dave at ARR.

I'm 100% sold on Blue Tube for price/durability ratio for my 6" dia. projects, and I'd like to stick with it for my Mercury Redstone & Honest John projects.

Started using Blue Tube in 2009 when Randy Emja owned the then-FL based company, and we both belonged to Tampa Tripoli. Launches twelve months a year back then on a huge cattle farm...........sigh.......... OH resident now.

IMG_5450.jpgIMG_5461.jpgIMG_5466.jpg

I received the same message from Dave.

I reached out to the company that manufactures the Blue Tube for Dave, but no response so far. To be fair, I only sent the message to the manufacturer two days ago.

I'm hoping to buy some 6" blue tube too. In case it takes along time to come in, what does everyone think about PML's 6" phenolic? (I'd likely put a glass or CF sock over it for added strength.)

I'm hoping to buy some 6" blue tube too. In case it takes along time to come in, what does everyone think about PML's 6" phenolic? (I'd likely put a glass or CF sock over it for added strength.)

PML phenolic is fine, but you definitely want to use that sock. I've had quite a few bad experiences with it shattering. Pretty much why I want blue tube - it doesn't shatter like phenolic, it isn't hugely expensive like fiberglass, and it's ready to use and requires no fiberglassing.

Back