6/5/04 Mc2 / Hara

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
June 5 2004 in Manchester, TN looks to be a good one yet again...since weather held off part of the SLI launch in May, MC2 has obtained windows to 15K so the SLI teams can launch their M projects. The goal is 11K plus for competeing colleges.

As for me, I have been waiting for school to end to get some much needed projects done, so I can get to flyin' again...SCHOOLS OUT!

On tap:

The Vaughn Brothers BoB that I should have finished a review on months ago...second coat of the PJ went on today. Hope to fly it on a G64.

Semroc Hydra VII - Finally got around to gluing the last 8 fins on, will attempt to paint it this weekend. (7) C6's!!!

My wife will fly her Tres she calls the "Bomb Pop" on three B's or C's.

My son will hope to fly his Richter on three D12's maybe even some E9's

My daughter will fly her "Barbies Gone Wild" (Deuces Wild) on B's (B=Barbie)

...and what ever else I can find to burn into the air.

I will also give Edward W's beta parachute a whirl...this one is a three panel with a triangle spill hole.

So the question remains...Who is going to Manchester Tennessee???

I've been talking to my wife, and there's a slight chance we might venture down. It's going to depend a lot on how I feel, the weather, and if I can convince her to drive through Nashville. Or, should I say, convince my self we will survive her driving through Nashville :p The doctor still hasn't cleared me to drive yet.

If we do make the trip, I'll only be flying small stuff, or low flying stuff. I've got lots of rockets built, and painted just in the first week of setting home, and I'm ready to get out of the house for a bit. We'll just have to keep everything where we can make a quick trip up to the Golden Gallon if needed (unless the porta potties are still there).

After checking the weather earlier today, I hope it holds out. I've already started prepping some stuff. Got an E18 loaded up ready for the V2, an F40 ready for the SA-2, the Tri-F-O is loaded and ready with a G38, and the Fat Boy loaded with a G35. I'll probably get a few more prepped tomorrow as well. It'll be easier to fly more, if there's less prepping to do, which will allow more time for my favorite thing to do at the launches, talk :D

Not a bad idea, I plan to bail early from work and go home to prep. Right now still getting some of my rockets dressed, BoB needs touching up, and the Hydra VII is being finished up today by my wife, so that I may begin water transfers tonight...

Lot's to do, so little time.

Well, I got quite a few prepped today, all that's needed is to install the igniters and light em up!
Tri F O G38
Fat Boy#1 E9-4
Fat Boy#2 G35-7
2.6" V2 F21-6
Tiny Pterodactyl F20-4
Shuttle Express C6-5
Quest X30 C6-3
Flis Spitfire D12-3
Flis Deuce C6-5 x2
Outlander E9-4
Mustang F20-7
Big Daddy D12-5

And, the E18 ready for the larger V2, F40 loaded up for the SA-2, plus a few more that I'll need to recycle chutes and casings on. If all goes as planned, we (kids and my self), will be putting up in the neighborhood of 20-25 flights :D

When the pads open up, I'll launch all of my higher fliers first, cause it won't take long for me to run out of energy for walking.

Starting to prep motors now,

Patriot missile (Estes) D13W-7 :D

Deuce (2) B6-4's

Richter Reckers (3) E9-6's

Tres (3) B6-4's and/or C6-5's

Mustang F40W-10 :D

Navajo (Quest) B6 to A8 ...wimpy, I know :rolleyes:

Hydra VII (7) C6-5's

BoB (Vaughn Brothers Rocketry) F52T-5 and a G64 - this will be used to test Edward's Beta chute... (STL Rocketry)

Totally Tubular (Quest) on some B's...

still looking for more to fly :D

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
Starting to prep motors now,

Hydra VII (7) C6-5's

We recommend (7) C6-7's instead of 5's. Apogee is about at 6.5 seconds. The Hydra VII is still going about 50-75 f/s at 5 seconds of delay, which is a strain on the recovery system.

The biggest problem with the Hydra VII is the same as it was in the 60's; igniting all seven engines.

You (and your wife) have a beautifully finished rocket. Best of luck with your flight!

Carl,

I caught that when I sat down to load motors...and I was wondering what I was going to fly all those C6-7's in, I'm glad now that I bought Wal-Mart out of them when I did.

If I can get at a minimum of 5 lit including the core motor, I would be ok, but any less on a 7 second delay might be rough going. I will definetly update tomorrow evening on the flight.

I'm also bringing mainly F and G powered .. to start the day and low power later on
I want to try may Maxi Honest John on an F-12 bj(3.5 sec burn)
Aerotech Initiator
Loc Graduator
Loc EzI-65 on a pro 38 H
Red Max
Goblin
bt-70 little joe
Loc Viper III(D12's)
SR-72 glider
24mm Applewhite saucer
29mm Applewhite cone
thats all I have ready atleast
see you all there!

Stymye,

How light is the HJ? The F12 is a real light lifter...

See ya then.

Back