• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

54mm tubes for sale. 1050, 1400, 1750, 2550 pricing from $15-28

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AG71

Reaction score
For sale. 54mm 6061 t6 drawn tubing. Brand new never used. Current stock for sale only while they last. No custom sizes included in this offer. 1050 = $15.00. 1400 = $19.00. 1750 = $22.00. 2550 = $28.00. all 4 sizes have 3 grooves cut to gorilla rockets specs. all tubes are sanded finish with no anodizing. please email Gary at [email protected].

as of 5/23/17 I am out of the 1750 and 2550. 1050 and 1400 still in stock.

Thank you.
Gary

still have 1050 and 1400 for $15.00 and $19.00 each.

i have 75mm raw and various 75mm pre made stuff. i dont deal with 98

I believe they are the same dimensions, but not a certified option for non research launches.

Any chance these are compatible with Loki hardware? Thanks!!

From what I understand, Loki, Gorilla, AMW, and the AG71 cases are all the same sizes in 54. I use my AG71 and Gorilla hardware interchangeably. I think 38mm is the only size where it varies.

i make all of gorilla tubes for him but i am not knowledgeable in the loki hardware and if all sizes are interchangable, but when you are talking gorilla you are saying ag71 and vise versa. please email at [email protected] and i can give specs if you need them.

I've got a Loki 54/1200 and an AG71 1050 with custom internals. Internally they're the same. Thrust rings are in different places. Loki Internals fit the 1050 case. I believe they all cross over, but the 2550 needs a second nozzle washer placed on top of the bulkhead to use loki 2800 loads with loki internals.

I've got an AG71 76/3500, and a loki bulkhead appears to fit fine, but I haven't flown it yet.

Last edited:
still have some 1050 and 1400 available at the same prices. thanks to those who help with the info.

Anyone know where to get nozzles and bulkheads for these? AMW's nozzle is $180, whereas the nozzle on Gorilla's web site is $85. But I don't think Jim Harris is in business any more, correct?

For 54mm, I've been told everything is cross-compatible. 75/76mm seems to be the same, it's 38mm you have to worry about.

Compatible yes- size to get- depends on the kn you're looking for.

Anyone know where to get nozzles and bulkheads for these? AMW's nozzle is $180, whereas the nozzle on Gorilla's web site is $85. But I don't think Jim Harris is in business any more, correct?

Try Mike Fisher at Binder Design. He has made several 54mm nozzles for me recently.

I've heard good things about binder design nozzles as well. I believe Ken (great guy) at performance hobbies just got a bunch in too, check with him, he's very helpful and can certainly point you in the right direction at the least. FYI I do not think they're listed on his site so shoot him an email. See https://performancehobbies.com/. For the 54s at least you have many compatible options, you won't have trouble finding. Someone plz correct me if I'm wrong but I think Loki fits in the 54s and they're far cheaper and easy to come by. $50 is far more reasonable than $85, that's just too high IMO. See https://lokiresearch.com/secure/store.asp?groupid=521200312291168

-Dan

Last edited:
I've heard good things about binder design nozzles as well. I believe Ken (great guy) at performance hobbies just got a bunch in too, check with him, he's very helpful and can certainly point you in the right direction at the least. FYI I do not think they're listed on his site so shoot him an email. See https://performancehobbies.com/. For the 54s at least you have many compatible options, you won't have trouble finding. Someone plz correct me if I'm wrong but I think Loki fits in the 54s and they're far cheaper and easy to come by. $50 is far more reasonable than $85, that's just too high IMO. See https://lokiresearch.com/secure/store.asp?groupid=521200312291168

-Dan

CASE Cross Compatibility:

38mm: Kosdon, AMW, Gorilla, AG-71. Loki are different.
54mm: Kosdon, AMW, Gorilla, AG-71, Loki all compatible
75/76mm: Kosdon, AMW, Gorilla, AG-71, Loki all compatible
98mm: Ugh! Kosdon does not equal anything, (in fact noz/bulkheads were fit to the specific case). Old AMW is unique but may be compatible with Loki. "Newer AMW" = Gorilla & AG-71. Loki is unique but may be compatible with Fischer.

Echo that Binder Design is a great source for internals (externals for that matter too). Gotta order some mo' Fischer in the near future!

In case anyone's on the fence, these are really nicely made cases. I have some of his 54s and a 75.

Mike F. jumped all over it. Looks like I am going to have a 75-6000 Gorilla full motor for about $250 after shipping!

CASE Cross Compatibility:

38mm: Kosdon, AMW, Gorilla, AG-71. Loki are different.
54mm: Kosdon, AMW, Gorilla, AG-71, Loki all compatible
75/76mm: Kosdon, AMW, Gorilla, AG-71, Loki all compatible
98mm: Ugh! Kosdon does not equal anything, (in fact noz/bulkheads were fit to the specific case). Old AMW is unique but may be compatible with Loki. "Newer AMW" = Gorilla & AG-71. Loki is unique but may be compatible with Fischer.

Echo that Binder Design is a great source for internals (externals for that matter too). Gotta order some mo' Fischer in the near future!

Second that! Mike Fisher does great work for a reasonable price. Good guy too!

I will have to argue with your statement on 38mm.

As far as I remember;

Kosdon TRF (no thrust ring) does NOT share dimensions with AMW cases. Kosdon East cases (with thrust ring) do share AMW specs.
I think that Kosdon East became AMW, which then sold recipes to CTi, who still make the AMW reloads... (So doesn't that mean that CTi fliers are, in some way, still flying some Kosdon recipes??)

If I am wrong, then may the slugs feast of my eyeballs whilst i sleep.

I have some Kosdon cases with handmade tape thrust rings. Length/nozzles aren't the same as AMW, but I think the 38mm liner/casting tubes work the same.

I have some Kosdon cases with handmade tape thrust rings. Length/nozzles aren't the same as AMW, but I think the 38mm liner/casting tubes work the same.

Yup... those is custom thrust rings!! Wait until you friction fit an M.

Second that! Mike Fisher does great work for a reasonable price. Good guy too!

I will have to argue with your statement on 38mm.

As far as I remember;

Kosdon TRF (no thrust ring) does NOT share dimensions with AMW cases. Kosdon East cases (with thrust ring) do share AMW specs.
I think that Kosdon East became AMW, which then sold recipes to CTi, who still make the AMW reloads... (So doesn't that mean that CTi fliers are, in some way, still flying some Kosdon recipes??)

If I am wrong, then may the slugs feast of my eyeballs whilst i sleep.

I'll respectfully maintain my original statement. Kosdon TRM did not have external thrust rings, true! And I really don't want any slugs feasting on your eyeballs!:cool: But...

AMW made only two 38mm cases, the 390 (3G) and the 640 (5G). They were based on Frank's hardware; I have used the AMW I220SK and I315Sk in clusters using a mix of AMW and Kosdon 390 and 640 cases. The bulkheads and nozzles are different; though the noz throats are the same. Have used them interchangeably for years; maybe the case length is different, but the internal snap ring to snap ring distance is the same.

Kosdon TRM: all my gold hardware came from Frank. Some purchased second hand, but I recall very few gold anodized cases coming from Kosdon East (Paul R. and friends)...I remember a couple of matte gold finish 75-6000 cases around LDRS 19 when Paul started flying color propellant, which as you mentioned became AMW. Everything I got from Frank (38,54, 2.5", 4",) has been the glossy gold. Paul didn't want to deal with motor ejection delays; the 38 loads didn't come until much later in the AMW lineage. He was right; never saw an AMW 54-98 Cato, but I personally experienced a few and Paul was helpful.

Regarding the CTI/AMW merger, I wouldn't say AMW sold the recipes to CTI; and I'd bet a few reloads that AMW/Pro-X reloads are CTI formulas instead of AMW formulas. They have a completely different look/feel/smell. Off memory: Tamed Tiger = CTI Classic. Scalded Tiger =CTI White Thunder. Black Bear = Smoky Sam, Pro X Red Rhino = CTI red Lightning, Blue Baboon = Blue Streak, etc. CTI had the colors in production before the merger, the only "new" propellant to spawn was Skidmark; a welcome addition to the CTI family! Though insiders swear that CTI skid = AMW skid, there were changes for processing, material availability, etc; they certainly don't burn the same.

That's enough for now I think; I miss Frank and I miss Paul. Though I really enjoy Aerotech, CTI, and Loki, AMW and Kosdon were always my favorites; if nothing else because they were different (and serve/d well for EX!). Great stuff regardless! Between Preston N. and I, a lot of Kosdon and AMW has been burned in the Midwest; and we're far from done burning our stash yet!

-Eric-

Last edited:
Back