• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

54 mm Aft Tail Cone Closure (AT compatible)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
If have one (unlikely) and are willing to part with it (less likely) please PM how much you would like for it including shipping to 75040.

Last edited:
Check Sirius Rocketry. That is where I bought mine after getting my Mongoose.

Hadn't thought of trying the Canadian Vendors, actually I was only aware of Sunward before your post. Thanks.

Try Balsa Machining Service he shows it for $36.75 as a pre-order or $44.10 as a ship now.

Always forget that BMS has HP stuff. I "needed" a 55HJ nose cone also, so I'm trying to order from them, but the checkout isn't working (I'll call later).

I just checked AMW-ProX. They have it in stock right now. Robert sent me the stock number also:

I am looking for the tail clone aft closure (Hardware), not the Aeropack tail cone retainer. Thanks for looking into it though.

I am looking for the tail clone aft closure (Hardware), not the Aeropack tail cone retainer. Thanks for looking into it though.

I know the difference. Here's the actual question I asked Robert:

My friend Dale Emery bought an Aerotech 54mm tailcone aft closure from you. Do you still have some? Do you have some for 75 as well? What kind of pricing?

I know the difference. Here's the actual question I asked Robert:

My friend Dale Emery bought an Aerotech 54mm tailcone aft closure from you. Do you still have some? Do you have some for 75 as well? What kind of pricing?

I was confused by his reply then, looks like he got his wires crossed on the request. Those appear to be consistent with their part numbers for Aeropack retainers. Also, the black or silver option didn;t appear consistent with the hardware offering I am familiar with. I did then use a search of their website with the part number "AP54TC" and nothing came up.

I was surprised to hear they stock AT products at all. I didn't know (and it isn't on their website) that they stock any AT hardware. Again, thanks for looking into it though. I'll give them a call if I can't get a hold of Balsa Bill.

I agree; their part number appears to be the Aeropac retainer. I was surprised when Dale told me that he got his from AMWProX also because I would expect them only to be a competitor. I have written to Robert asking for verification or clarification. Maybe I misunderstood Dale about where he bought the aft closure. It's pretty nice though for a minimum diameter rocket.

I really like dealing with BMS, Bill does a great job and has awesome customer service and shipping time.

Convenient to also get my BT55 HoJo nose cone at the same time (Now I can build my Deep Space Transport clone). BMS is one of the few vendors that really spans the low power to high power.

Also, communication/customer service was indeed good. I called around noon and Mary Ann picked up in 2 rings...Bill had to check the shop to verify stock because the tail cone closure is OOP now. He quickly verified he had one, and I had a Paypal invoice waiting for me this morning. Can't ask for better.

Last edited:
Back