50% RUHRSTAHL KRAMER X4 (1944-1945)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albanach

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Watched a video or two on Youtube and it is not that difficult. I will purchase the honeycomb and cloth and laminate it. Big experiment. This will be a wings first then the body build. Another problem to resolve is the modular weights needed for different motors. Current sims put it at 3 lbs plus depending on the motor.

RockSim Issue, I tried to upsize my MMT to 54mm from 38mm and now RS says it can't get the rocket off the pad. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Electronics are assembled. Found out I am a bit rusty on soldering. I used Eggtimes so I can swap them into other builds also the challenge of doing DIY electronics. Location system from Eggtimer will be next.
68E0495A-3351-42A3-946C-D787A13D6F1F.jpeg

Ok, I need some advice for this beast. What should be a limit for this as far as speed? I am trying to decide between the 38mm and 54mm MMT. Thanks,

Has anyone laminated Nomex honeycomb with carbon fiber?
Yes. I've done Nomex and aluminum, and the hard part is the bond at the surface/edge of the honeycomb. If you use a layer of CF veil on both sides against the honeycomb,before your first layer of CF. It will bond well.

Well I did a dry assembly after a scrub and sanding. Opened up the rear fins openings since the router couldn’t get it. Started the tail fin glue up and mated the front nose cone to the transition nose. Going to be a long week till MWP.
46A18D58-DDEA-46B2-B8A7-AB3EEDCCFA2F.jpeg
C55805FF-B26F-4DBC-85AA-B85CDD04BF13.jpeg

Progress, rear fins set and nose cone set. I also laid out the rail button locations. It looks a little different but due to the fins being 45 deg out from each other. I think I is a result of the scale down process.
F1605747-1580-4166-8AD7-E16754CFA650.jpeg6C9C7D8A-06E1-438E-943B-0F1C9EE19231.jpeg

Ok, time for the update on flying this rocket. I increased the nosecone weight by 3 lbs, Yes 3 lbs. As a result, I flew it at the QCRC event and it flew normally on a J460. My next goal is to put a more compact chute in to allow room for the electronic to get altitude and other data.

Wildman found an edge piece that I used to cap the leading edges, I only had a stick of it at $100/~3 ft. The other edges I applied epoxy to since some will receive future attachments to match the original design. I plan on adding led light to replace flares in the original design. Some 3d printing is required. My wife got me a printer for christmas.
1643644248718.png

Last edited:
Back