5.5" to 3" Tarnsition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave A

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've made a lot of parts and kits from scratch. I would rather buy a transition instead of making one. Can't seem to find one available.
Any idea who makes them?

Madcow previously sold a 5.5">3" Nike-Tomahawk. You may want to check with them, or Proline, since they may have made the parts.

I've made a lot of parts and kits from scratch. I would rather buy a transition instead of making one. Can't seem to find one available.
Any idea who makes them?
If you can get a 5.5 conical nose cone, you can make a cut at the correct location and glue in a 3” coupler.
Take the cut off top section and make another cut at the correct location and you can make a couple different things like a 2.6” conical NC or a 54mm conical NC or a 2.6 to 54mm or 38mm or 29mm tail cone ect ecf

Yes, I thought of that already, I was wondering if anyone made one. I believe Madcow has made one for the 1/3 scale Nike-D Region Tomahawk. Never see it in stock.
I guess I will make one.

You could 3d print one and glass it internally for the strength if you needed it. But you'd really need to tell us what your speed and loading profile are for useful alternative suggestions.

Back