4" x 10" Shipping Tube on Clearance for $1 @ Michaels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small army of short-fat rockets unlocked...

Note: these weigh around 85g and have 1mm thick cardboard.

Word of warning -- these were not marked as clearance at my local Michaels so I needed to show the website to get the discount.

1659131511880.jpeg

Reminder again of how I wish I had a website with ratios for body tube length to width to figure out what I could make with random body tubes. These will work for a 2.5x ratio.

Last edited:
Small army of short-fat rockets unlocked...

Note: these weigh around 85g and have 1mm thick cardboard.

Word of warning -- these were not marked as clearance at my local Michaels so I needed to show the website to get the discount.

View attachment 530075

Reminder again of how I wish I had a website with ratios for body tube length to width to figure out what I could make with random body tubes. These will work for a 2.5x ratio.
Nice! Would you have a 4" nose cone on hand to test fit for us? 🙂

This is on my "To Build" list.
kHN6gur.jpg

I went by my local Michael's today and they didn't have the 10", but had 4"W X 12"L for $1...whoop! I bought the three that were left.

Oddly enough, there were 4"W X 6"L tubes on clearance too, but for $2.

I did a quick check of a Madcow 4" centering ring and the ID of these tubes are a tiny bit bigger and the tube is thinner, so maybe a good candidate to try fiberglassing the inside with a balloon.

I went by my local Michael's today and they didn't have the 10", but had 4"W X 12"L for $1...whoop! I bought the three that were left.

Oddly enough, there were 4"W X 6"L tubes on clearance too, but for $2.

I did a quick check of a Madcow 4" centering ring and the ID of these tubes are a tiny bit bigger and the tube is thinner, so maybe a good candidate to try fiberglassing the inside with a balloon.

If I get a chance to design any 3D printed parts for these I will share them...

Make 2nd segment a AV Bay... The from there to motor, the segments separate, and "wiggle" on way down. At main deployment pop nosecone with parachute from 1st section.

Just a thought.

Back