4" Tubes from Container Store for HPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccordmw

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Those are my favorites! These tubes are not as robust as, say LOC tubing, but work great. I've used the full length stuffer for both couplers and reinforcement. I rebuilt a 4" phenolic rocket that shattered with them. Flies on H's and I's. Built many MPRs with the 4" and 3" tubes. These also fly on H's too.

The other thing I've liked to do use the couper stock for ring fins. Standard 6 fins around a longer section of coupler. When inserted into the outer tube you get rings whose ID is flush with the outer tube.

My only question is do standard polypropylene nosecones fit with little or no modification?

Hmmmmm, tried to order but they don't ship. Kurt

Last edited:
On my 4"ers I have used cones that came from Rocketman and DG&A. The fit is not perfect, but they work.

My only question is do standard polypropylene nosecones fit with little or no modification?

Hmmmmm, tried to order but they don't ship. Kurt

Cut the tube for a Lubbo-style nose... I think I just found the cheapest possible 4" rocket :)

Use the flat, metal-tipped nose cone they come with! Would be a bit draggy, but that just means as shorter walk :).

Back