4" Punisher - (KCCO/The Chive themed) - Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
This should be a fun winter build. Wildman Tim put together a small number of these Punisher 4 kits over Midwest Power 13 inducing donating one as a raffle prize at the banquet. I don't really "need" another 4" rocket with a 3" hole, but I really like this kit and decided to pick one up. I plan to document the build as I go.

It will eventually have a KCCO/Chive theme black, white and green paint scheme/decals.

Dimension Notes.JPGDSCN0360.jpgDSCN0361.jpgDSCN0362.jpgDSCN0363.jpg

Hi Justin,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Are the aluminum bulkheads 1/8" or 1/4"? Is the weight you listed for both? It looks like it should be ~10lbs RTF without the motor. That's 4-5 lbs lighter than most 4" kits with a 3" mount. :y:

In the photos below, the top fin is one I beveled myself and the bottom fin is a standard Punisher 4 fin. I asked Tim if he minded I play with my own set of fins and he was happy to oblige. I'll return the unused set to Tim shortly.

Also, to make the avionics bay nice and easy, I ordered a Missile Works (2) RRC2+ 3D printed sled. Av bays are my least favorite part of builds, so I might start on the nose cone and HED deployment and then work my way down to the booster.

DSCN0369.jpgDSCN0372.jpgDSCN0370.jpgDSCN0371.jpg

Cool, a Justin build thread...I've been missing those!

Nice workshop setup!!! Have you determined what length motor case will fit in that thing yet? 5G? 6G? 6XL? 7600? Not that I need another 4" rocket with a 3" hole, but....

Watching with interest!

-Eric-

Nice workshop setup!!! Have you determined what length motor case will fit in that thing yet? 5G? 6G? 6XL? 7600? Not that I need another 4" rocket with a 3" hole, but....

Watching with interest!

-Eric-

Pretty sure the 7600 fits.

Watching with interest!

-Eric-

It should comfortably fit a (4) grain 75mm M. It might even fit the CTI 5.3 grain case for the M-3700. :y:

Claude... did you hear that...? :)

Justin

I didn't get a lot done on the P4 over the weekend, but I did manage to make a nose cone forged eye bolt removal tool from 1/2" PVC. I recall seeing one of these types of tools on TRF before, I just don't recall which thread. Onto the rest of the nose cone and beginnings of avionics bay.

DSCN0375.jpgDSCN0374.jpgDSCN0373.jpg

I didn't get a lot done on the P4 over the weekend, but I did manage to make a nose cone forged eye bolt removal tool from 1/2" PVC. I recall seeing one of these types of tools on TRF before, I just don't recall which thread. Onto the rest of the nose cone and beginnings of avionics bay.

View attachment 276255View attachment 276256View attachment 276257

I made one of those for my 3" punisher. Makes it 1000x easier to put that eyebolt in and take it out.

I moved the forward bulk plate on my 3" Saab back 3" to make more room in the nose for the main. There's no reason it shouldn't work in the opposite direction.

Exactly what I'm doing with my MD CF build for the Loki 54-4000. In my case the aft bulk plate sits at the mid point of the head-end coupler leaving ~2.75" for the av-section.

That is a seriously cool build Justin....
If that 7600 case does fit what altitude does it sim to with that case in it ???
One last thing...
You're missing a Onebadhawk sticker on your workbench....lol...

Teddy

Back