• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4 Mobious camera shrouds (new)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpitfield

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
All sold.

I have four Addictive Aerospace 3D (PLA) printed Mobious camera shrouds that I will never use. All new and complete. As per the pic there is one 76mm, two 98mm and one 7.5" available. I would prefer a simple transaction, I am attending URRF 4, you give me a nice crisp $10.00 US bill for each one you want. They work great I and I will have my 3" Darkstar with one installed if you want to have a look. I am getting rid of them because I decided that I prefer the LiquidFyre internal camera shroud.

Last edited:
Same boat here. Liquidfyre shrouds are awesome, I'm making the switch as well. If it weren't for them I'd be all over yours, sorry. Good luck!

-Dan

If these don't sell FTF and you'd be willing to ship them, I'm interested in a 98 and the 76.

If these don't sell FTF and you'd be willing to ship them, I'm interested in a 98 and the 76.

Hey Banazai88 the 76 and last 98 are now sold.

BTW, the reason I was wanting a field pickup is because PayPal restricted my account with no explanation and will not remove the restriction until I send them photo identification and a utility bill with my address, which I will not provide out of principle.

This is after having a verified account since 2009 with zero complaints and no policy violations. This happened a couple of weeks ago when I went to send someone $3.50 for shipping and since then I have gotten nowhere with PayPal. Yesterday I decided I had enough and will simply boycott PayPal and Ebay, as well as spread the good word. So I called them up to close my account and now they say that they cannot even close my account unless I provide them with what they are asking for.

When I tried to get information or escalate they have no process and the people you have access to have no authority. Initially one person said that I have to provide the information by law. I said okay no problem I want to make sure I am not breaking any laws, but can you please provide me specifics on what law requires this and what threshold I surpassed that triggered the requirement...this resulted in crickets!

At the end of the day this has removed my ability to use their service and they will not budge or provide any insight. I can tell you that it is very frustrating and I feel like I am being strong armed, and overall it has a very underhanded dirty feel to it.

I also decided to do a Google on the subject and I was quite surprised to see quite a lot of people in the same boat and it is pretty obvious to me that PayPal has become a bit of a thug in this regard. I would caution anyone in using their service, you may find yourself with a balance that you do not have access to, or in my case an account with verified personal bank accounts as well as credit card information that you cannot remove from their system.

Mike

If I pay you here, can I claim them @ URRF?

Hi Al, the 7.5" is the only one left, if you want it let me know. Just so you know it is good to fit any airframe from 7-8" according to the manufacture's site. "Shrouds under 5" will fit airframes within ~1/4" of the listed size. Shrouds over 5" will fit airframes within ~1/2" of the listed size."

Sad to hear paypal is being such a pain in the ass, it's been useful in doing so much online. May be time to investigate other options.

Sad to hear paypal is being such a pain in the ass, it's been useful in doing so much online. May be time to investigate other options.

Agreed. I had an issue with PayPal for several years after selling some items on eBay to someone outside the US. They don't protect their US based sellers. Facebook now has the ability to send and receive funds from individuals. Don't know if it's tried and true, but at least it's an option.

All sold.

I have four Addictive Aerospace 3D (PLA) printed Mobious camera shrouds that I will never use. All new and complete. As per the pic there is one 76mm, two 98mm and one 7.5" available. I would prefer a simple transaction, I am attending URRF 4, you give me a nice crisp $10.00 US bill for each one you want. They work great I and I will have my 3" Darkstar with one installed if you want to have a look. I am getting rid of them because I decided that I prefer the LiquidFyre internal camera shroud.

Same boat here. Liquidfyre shrouds are awesome, I'm making the switch as well. If it weren't for them I'd be all over yours, sorry. Good luck!

-Dan

This thread has made my day! I was getting a bit concerned that I haven't seen any build threads mention my product or any reviews or anything. I'm really glad you like the product! I just signed up for the vendor forums and will be creating a feedback thread and posting a survey to help decide on future diameter offerings and the possibility of supporting the mobius mini camera in all sizes.

Also please fill out a review on my site if you have time.

Thanks so much!

LF is something I'm certainly interested in, still poking ideas around my head on how to best use it on something. For me, I'm looking at 54mm and 2.6" rockets. Larger ones the extra drag outside doesn't really bother me much. Once you get setupnin the vendor forums I'll bring up ideas over there

LF is something I'm certainly interested in, still poking ideas around my head on how to best use it on something. For me, I'm looking at 54mm and 2.6" rockets. Larger ones the extra drag outside doesn't really bother me much. Once you get setup in the vendor forums I'll bring up ideas over there

Dave I have the 3" and 4" internal sealed kits (suitable to exposure to deployment charges) so if you want to have a look at them, touch feel, insert in your rocket, etc. I can bring one of the kits with me to URRF. I will be using the 3" kits for my 3" Punisher and the 75mm Mongoose you sold me. The 4" kits (two) were initially for my L3 scratch but I am still undecided on the final config so they may be destined somewhere else.

54mm would be interesting!

I'd love video of when I finally fly my tomach. Trouble is that bay is gonna be tight as it is. An external camera is brutal on drag, and then there's the tower to consider. I'm thinking I might be able to pull something off in the nose. My 54mm screech is another candidate. That could go nose or payload bay, but it'd be right next to a charge...

Dave, have you considered not putting it in the bay? Perhaps above or below it? Create a secondary bay in the form of an extra long nose cone shoulder?

Just musing.

I have done the extra long nose shoulder in one build, it works very well.

I'd love video of when I finally fly my tomach. Trouble is that bay is gonna be tight as it is. An external camera is brutal on drag, and then there's the tower to consider. I'm thinking I might be able to pull something off in the nose. My 54mm screech is another candidate. That could go nose or payload bay, but it'd be right next to a charge...

Depending on what you plan on doing in the AV bay there may not be much room left,unless you opt for an extended AV bay. My Tomach AV bay is 8" long and crammed, but it is dual altimeters, batteries and switches. If it was a single setup I may have been able to fit a small cam like the Mobius in there.

I am getting rid of them because I decided that I prefer the liquidfyre-rocketry Mobius ActionCam Shrouds

There is a "slickness" I really dig about the Liquidfyre Mobius shrouds, but I am not a big fan of needing to remove the lens from the Mobius to make it happen. Care to share some info and/or pics of the internals of a typical Liquidfyre shroud with the Mobius installed? I would love to see a "drop in" offering from Liquidfyre that did NOT require camera modification. :)

There is a "slickness" I really dig about the Liquidfyre Mobius shrouds, but I am not a big fan of needing to remove the lens from the Mobius to make it happen. Care to share some info and/or pics of the internals of a typical Liquidfyre shroud with the Mobius installed? I would love to see a "drop in" offering from Liquidfyre that did NOT require camera modification. :)

The lens modification is very simple. My team (of middle-school girls) put it together in a few minutes. Removing the lens is one of the key features, it allows for the tiny little nub of a protuberance to work!

Sweet. :)

Pics by chance?

I don't have a photo of the camera with the shroud removed, but this is the complete unit. This is the open model that goes in an electronics bay.

To attach the lens you remove two tiny Phillips head screws to get in the case. Then you undo a clamp by flipping a little lever. Stick the ribbon cable in and flip the lever back down. Stick the lens in the other end of the cable and flip a lever.

To mount the camera body there is an included piece of heavy duty double-stick tape. Epoxy is used to mount the lens.

The whole process, including testing the camera before gluing/taping, took maybe thirty minutes, of which the majority of the time was spent reading directions and eating snacks.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1497585084.726900.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1497585108.551786.jpg

Does anyone have any videos taken while using this shroud that they can share?

I don't have a photo of the camera with the shroud removed, but this is the complete unit. This is the open model that goes in an electronics bay.

To attach the lens you remove two tiny Phillips head screws to get in the case. Then you undo a clamp by flipping a little lever. Stick the ribbon cable in and flip the lever back down. Stick the lens in the other end of the cable and flip a lever.

To mount the camera body there is an included piece of heavy duty double-stick tape. Epoxy is used to mount the lens.

The whole process, including testing the camera before gluing/taping, took maybe thirty minutes, of which the majority of the time was spent reading directions and eating snacks.

View attachment 322206

View attachment 322207

Which unit is this? For what size airframe? If this is the 3" unit, and if you have a 2.6" tube laying around, would you place just the carbon shroud on top of the tube and snap some pics for us? It would be greatly appreciated! Maybe even a pic or two of it inside the tube also? If they are pliable enough, I'll just pick up 3" shrouds for 2.6" tubes and bolt them in as LiquidFyre has no 2.6" model.

Back